Final Days

Jade sat in the hospital waiting room, silently crying as she waited for a nurse or doctor to come out and get her so she could see Perrie. The room had a somber air about it, something to be expected of the ER waiting room. The receptionist seemed more forlorn than Jade did, and Jade was in the hospital for a serious matter. While Jade was swimming around in her depressing thoughts, a doctor came out from the double doors and called her name.

"Miss Jade Thirlwall?" He called, looking straight at her, considering it was 2:45 in the morning and there wasn't another woman in the room besides the nurse.

Jade's gaze snapped up to the man, eyes wide. He was a young, attractive man with ample amounts of scruff adorning his God-like jawline and masculine cheeks. But that didn't bother Jade, what bothered her was the look on his face. He had a look of sadness and pain on his face, and it worried Jade to no end.

"Yes, sir?" She asked quietly, standing from her seat, tightly clutching her phone.

"I'm going to have to ask you to go home. Miss Edwards needs resting time so we can give her a PET scan, just to make sure there isn't anything concerning that we should know about." The man, who's name tag read "Doctor Frederick", explained, giving a soft but sad smile. "If you'd like, you can come and see her before you go. You won't be able to come back for a bit, but we will be sure to call when you can. She's fully conscious right now, and she's been asking about you."

Jade nodded, giving a small smile. "If it's not problem, that'd be great."

"Of course not, miss. Right this way." Doctor Frederick, who Jade decided to call Doc Freddy, starting leading her through the double doors and around the winding corridors, stopping at a room at the very end of the last corridor they entered. "She's right in here. Take your time."

Jade hesitantly pushed open the door, taking a few timid steps into the room.

"Jade? Is that you?" Perrie spoke very quietly, glancing up at Jade.

"Yes, babe, it's me. I have to leave, but I wanted to see you, because I don't know when I'm coming back." It hurt Jade's heart to see her beautiful Perrie looking so ill and intangible hooked up to the heart monitor.

"I don't want you to," Perrie coughed mid-sentence, sputtering a bit when she started to speak again. "T-to leave me. What if I die here? What if I never see you again?" Perrie worried, her heart rate spiking.

"No, no, calm down, please. I wouldn't be able to survive a world without you, love. Don't worry your beautiful little head like that, you'll be fine, I promise." Jade had a sinking feeling that she'd be breaking her first promise very soon. "I love you so much, alright. Don't you ever lose your head. I'm always here for you. I'll visit you every day, if I can." As Jade was talking, she walked towards Perrie. "You are my everything, and a day without you beside me is like a lifetime of pain." She leaned down and kissed Perrie, gently wrapping her arms around Perrie's fragile body. "You're like my oxygen, babe. I can't survive without you."

Jade backed away from Perrie, giving a small, sad smile. "I have to go now, Pez. I'm sorry. I love you." She placed another soft kiss to Perrie's lips, before pulling away and walking towards the door.

"I love you too, baby."

And with that, Jade left the hospital room, giving a small nod to Doc Freddy as she passed him. He responded with a small smile and a nod. She let out the tears she'd been holding in, trying to remove the image of her little baby Perrie in a hospital bed from her head. She hated the idea that Perrie needed to be in there for weeks, just because she collapsed while she was doing dishes. It probably wasn't even serious. At least, that's what Jade told herself.