Temporary

Jade rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she sat up, quickly realising that she didn't recognise where she was. She looked around the room, getting her bearings. The light green walls of the room were oddly plain, as if the owner had just moved in, yet the room was well furnished and there wasn't a single box within Jade's vision.

Jade was sitting on a ridiculously soft brown sofa, a white pillow propped up beside her. She was fully clothed and her head throbbed, making her vision slightly more blurry than usual, as if she was looking through a tilt-shift lens on a camera. The throb was dull, and didn't really bother Jade aside from the slight pain it caused.

Jade let out a quiet yawn before standing up, her legs wobbling under her weight momentarily. She regained her balance and began to look around the room for her phone and glasses. She found them both sitting on a dust covered end table. Her phone had only 23% battery life left on it, and no missed messages or calls. As for her glasses, they had a small hairline crack in one of the lenses.

"Ugh," Jade groaned, putting on her cracked glasses. "I just got these fixed two days ago!"

As soon as Jade turned around, there was a blonde girl standing in one of the doorways that lead out of the room.

"Hi. Did you have a good sleep?" She asked innocently, cocking her head slightly. Her voice was melodic and gentle, somewhat protective, like a mother's voice would be.

"I—yes?" Jade's answer was meant to be a statement, but ended up being more of a question. She rubbed the pad of her thumb across the cool screen of her phone, keeping her hands busy as she awaited a response from the mysterious blonde girl.

"Oh!" The blonde exclaimed. "I should probably introduce myself." She decided, sheepishly holding out her hand for Jade to shake. "I'm Perrie Edwards."

Jade shook Perrie's hand, releasing a breath that she didn't know she was holding. "I'm Jade. Uh, Thirlwall. Jade Thirlwall."

"Well, I guess you'd probably like to know why you're in my house." Perrie awkwardly chuckled, meeting Jade's eyes. Jade nodded, playing with the hem of her shirt. "I was driving home from school and I saw you knocked unconscious on the side of the road. I'm not the kind of person to intentionally hurt someone or let someone suffer, so I decided it would be a good idea to bring you back to my house."

"What did I—what did I look like when you found me?" Jade quietly asked, frowning as she looked down at her feet.

"You had a small gash on your forehead and bruises on your arms. The gash was bleeding quite a bit, so I wrapped it up with gauze. As for the bruises, they've faded, but they're still there."

As soon as Perrie mentioned bruises, Jade tugged the sleeves of her shirt up as high as she could get them. Sure enough, her arms were various shades of greens, yellows, purples, and blues. After that, she reached up and felt her forehead, her fingers quickly finding the gauze Perrie had wrapped around her head.

Upon noticing Jade's confusion, Perrie had a few questions to ask.

"Do you even know what happened before you ended up on the side of the road?"

Jade shook her head, wincing in pain as she did so. She clutched her head tightly, grimacing.

"I don't feel like that's the truth, Jade." Perrie crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head gently.

"All I can remember is a guy straddling my legs and gripping my arms very tightly. I also remember hitting my head on something—maybe?" Jade closed her eyes tightly as she tried to recall what had happened the previous night—or was it day? She didn't even know that much.