Creative (Mini-3)

Jade paid no attention to the blonde hovering over her shoulder as she sketched in her sketchbook at a ridiculous speed, her darkened strokes almost created in a single, fluid motion. The strokes on the page exuded life and personality, regardless of their lack of coherent shape. Jade knew what she was drawing, and she intended it to be her best drawing by far. So when she was startled by Perrie's heavenly voice and drew a long streak across the page unintentionally, she was beyond furious.

"Whatcha doing?" Perrie asked, smiling innocently. Jade growled in response, trying her best not to go off on Perrie as she erased the darkly pigmented mark from her page. "Are you alright, Jade?"

"Ugh." She groaned, rolling her eyes, her eraser still struggling to remove the unwanted streak.

"Jade, please, what's wrong?" Perrie asked, her eyes pleading for information as she scanned her tan face.

"Oh, nothing. Just trying to make something special for someone when you have to come and ruin it. No big deal." Jade stubbornly explained, angrily eyeballing the other two-thirds of the page that have the big streak across them.

"O-oh. You can fix it, right?" Perrie quietly asked, scratching at her arms nervously, leaving a stinging red mark behind after each scratch.

"As if. I have to start the whole drawing over now!" Jade scoffed, her eyebrows knitted together angrily. "I just wanted it to be perfect for you." Jade whispered to herself, her features softening the slightest bit. "Can you please leave. I don't really want anyone seeing my sketch until I paint it, alright?" Jade asked, simply looking up at Perrie with sincerity.

"Yes, sure. I'll be just across the hall if you need me. I'm working on something for my Creative Writing class that I want you to see, when you have the time." Perrie left quietly, giving Jade a small, sad smile and a measly thumbs up as she closed the door behind her.

Jade wiped the sweat off of her forehead and switched to a new, blank page, restarting the whole drawing again. She worked mindlessly for hour upon hours, her tongue poking out from between her teeth as she concentrated on each individual line, visualizing how it would all come together in the end. She drew each stroke carefully, as if it was her child, because each stroke meant the world to her. They all had to be perfected, or Jade would feel like she didn't accomplish a single thing. You could tell from looking at her drawing that she put all her time and effort into it, as if it was imperative for each line to have the exact curve and perfect angle. The amount of work Jade put into it spoke volumes.

As Jade took a couple more glances at her rough sketch before adding more curves, depth, and shading, she felt proud of herself. She had redone her drawing nicely, and it was shaping up to be her best yet, which pleased her.

|}:{|}:{|}:{|

At exactly three-forty-five in the morning, Jade stood from her desk, a tired but triumphant smile gracing her worn features. She had done it. She completed the perfect drawing. Every strand of her was immaculately placed. Every freckle was pristine and shining in its spot. Every ounce of sunlight that hit the face of her subject was perfect, seemingly glowing at the viewer from the page, in just the right way. The jawline she had drawn matched to a T, every slope and edge forming the most realistic chin she had ever drawn in her life. After drawing for nearly fifteen years, that says a lot.

The portrait she had created was Elysian, and in Jade's mind, was something that could've been created by God himself. She was utterly astounded by the amount of detail she managed to apply and was proud of the work she had created. Jade looked at it a few more times, and just before she decided to call it a night, dubbed the work her best yet. She could never top this fine work of art.

Jade closed her sketchbook, leaving a paper clip as a placeholder, before sluggishly trudging towards the door of her office, eager to crawl into a warm bed and snuggle up beside Perrie. And, now that she was thinking about it, she had been beyond rude to Perrie earlier in the day. She had never taken the opportunity to explain to Perrie how much her art meant to her, so that one mistake on her previous sketch set her off. She couldn't, in her mind, for coherent sentences to explain what had happened without ruining the surprise.

Jade got lost in her thoughts, awkwardly standing in front of the bedroom door with her arm raised, as if she was about to reach for the knob, but didn't. Her arm was suspended mid-air, and Jade was quietly murmuring things to herself. Voicing her thoughts, as she called it. She flinched when she felt a cold hand touch her bare shoulder, her eyes darting towards the culprit as she snapped back into reality.

"F**k, Perrie. You scared me!" Jade cursed, slapping a hand over her mouth after realizing it. "Dang it, I'm trying to curse less. Messed it up." Jade muttered, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Sorry. I just wanted to ask why you were still awake. It's nearly quarter after four in the morning now." Perrie's voice was quiet and raspy, most likely from sleeping.

"I-uh, I was still working on my sketch." Jade explained, looking into Perrie's blue eyes. "I was about to go to bed, though."

"Do you still want to see my Creative Writing piece?"

Jade nodded, smiling as she took Perrie's hand. "Show me your beautiful writing, Pez."

|}:{|}:{|}:{|

AUTHORS NOTE

Okay I still wanna know more about you guys ^_^

Also, how would you feel about me naming the mini one-shots after adjectives? You tell me.

Give me feedback if you wish.

Make my day by commenting or make me smile by voting. Show me you love my works ^_^

Love you lots like jelly tots!

~Max