Tears

It didn't matter which way Jade looked at the situation. One thing was certain each time. She was irrevocably in love with Perrie Edwards. She had become infatuated with every little thing the blonde did, from the way she played with her fingers or the hem of her shirt when she talked to the way her eyes lit up when she talked about the Mixers and Little Mix as a whole. Though the whole idea was a bit over Jade's head. She wasn't sure when she had begun to fall for Perrie, but she knew she fell hard for her.

It took every ounce of resistance in her tiny body to not grab Perrie and kiss her or reveal her secret each and every time she was around. And when Jade was alone? She would constantly sing 'Secret Love Song' to herself and dwell on the possibility of a relationship with Perrie. As idiotic as such an idea sounded, she loved the thought of it. Cuddling with Perrie whenever and wherever she wanted, getting pointless compliments and small pecks on the cheek for no reason, being by Perrie's side for no reason other than the company and companionship the blonde provided. She loved every last bit of it.

But she knew it would never happen, and that was what truly broke her heart. If you were quiet enough on that night, you could nearly hear her heart fragmenting and shattering as it dropped the the floor, pieces scattering to every corner of the nearly empty room.

The night that thought came to be, Jade cried. She sat down, buried her face in her hands, and let tears slide down her cheeks mercilessly, slapping the wooded floors with little to no force, yet creating a sound that that pounded and ached at her ears, almost like a sonic boom. She let the salty, petty tears escape from her eyes, each one making her feel more worthless and pitiful than the last.

Those tears didn't last, however, because the sound of the front door creaking open put them to a halt. Jade wiped away the salty remnants of her sorrow from her cheeks as she exited the room, smoothing down her jumper in an attempt to seem more presentable. On the inside, she was a tattered, beaten mass of raw emotion and pain. But on the outside, she was Jade Thirlwall, cute, bright ray of sunshine from the popular UK girlband, Little Mix. She refused to let her weakness show. She refused to break down in front of Perrie. But she caved.

"Hey Jade! Did you miss me?" Perrie asked cheerfully, setting her purse on the coffee table and hanging her keys on the hook by the door.

"Uh, yeah?" Jade responded, though she sounded unsure of her answer as soon as it fled her lips.

"You don't sound to happy to see me," Perrie commented, her expression twisting to one of sadness and concern. "Are you okay?" The genuine concern and sincerity laced through Perrie's words was very easily seen, though Jade didn't catch it.

"Yes. Peachy. I'm absolutely fantastic." Jade sighed, throwing her hands up into the air as a sign of surrender. "Jesus, Perrie. You must be blind! I did a sh*t job of wiping away my tears! I can feel the tracks they paved on my skin! I've been crying for hours, Perrie. Hours! Over you! How can you be so oblivious? I've made it so painfully obvious." Jade broke down, dropping to the floor in a sitting position, once again, burying her head in her hands and crying.

"W—what? Y—you cried over me? W—why?" Perrie stammered, completely confused.

"Because, Perrie," Jade sobbed into her hands, avoiding Perrie's gaze. "I'm in love with you."

Perrie couldn't come up with a coherent response. Instead, all her thoughts consisted of single, ill-fitting words that didn't connect in any way.

"I—uh—" Perrie started, reaching out to Jade.

"Don't bother. I'm sure I disgust you. If you need me, I'll be in bed." Jade cut her off, standing and walking to her bedroom without another word.

Perrie only stood there, one pale arm outstretched, mouth agape, simply watching as Jade walked away, fading into the distance.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

AUTHORS NOTE

Okay so basically the whole premise for me to practice descriptions was primarily due to Enigma by payneful_chonce and every one of nelsonsnachos books. Kathryn is also the reason I'm posting this in the first place. I hope this writing doesn't sound like crap when you read it, because I spent a good half hour or so writing, although that isn't long.

I love you guys lots.

Love you lots like jelly tots.

~Max