Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. A single person's sorrow and a couple's romantic daydream. Enter Jade Thirlwall, the biggest loner in all of the UK. In all of her 23 years of life, she's never had a Valentine's date. Until one year, a new face appears in her small town and she begins receiving anonymous Valentines from January all the way till the big day.

--•--•--•--

Your eyes are breathtaking. I can't bear to break my gaze.

~love anonymous

--•--•--•--

Jade cracked a grin as she read the note, her eyes happily tracing across each cursive letter. She had no prior knowledge of the sender, and had no fleeting idea of who could've written this sweet letter. Her friend, Danielle, was extremely confused by the look on Jade's face, and had many thoughts swirling around her head.

"You alright, Jade?" She questioned, eying the short brunette warily.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What makes you think otherwise?" Jade replied, a light blush dancing across her sun-kissed cheeks.

"Well, for one, you have a creepy, goofy grin on your face. And two, you almost never blush. What's got you so smiley?" She questioned again, her lips twitching up into a smirk.

"Just a cute letter, that's all." Jade replied casually, her grin nearly stretching off of her face.

"Alright then. Wanna go out to Mahiki later tonight? You can bring Jesy if I can bring one of my friends." Danielle asked Jade, looking slightly down at her with a grin on her face.

Jade simply nodded, as she was much too busy rereading the sweet little note she received. She had found it in her mailbox, and although she had been confused, she saw the cursive lettering that spelled out her name and decided that it'd be in her best interest to read it. She had never received anything like it. She stood up from the sofa and walked into her room, crouching at the side of her bed so she could reach the box sitting beneath it. When she got it out, she slowly opened and sat the note in it, right at the top.

Jade decided that she'd get a different box for it later, if she ended up getting more. Although that was probably just wishful thinking, you never know. She shoved the box back under her bed and grabbed the phone sitting beside her, unlocking it and calling Jesy.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

"Hello?" Jesy answered, unaware of the excited Jade on the other end of the call.

"Jesy, oh my god. You'll never believe what I found in my mailbox!" Jade squealed, smiling to the point where her face was hurting.

"What did you find, Jadey?" Jesy asked, smiling on the other end at how happy her best friend was.

"I found the sweetest note, Jesy. It was written in cursive and was addressed to me, of course. It said 'your eyes are breathtaking. I can't bear to break my gaze.'"

"That's cute. Do you know who it was from?"

"No. It was signed by 'anonymous'."

"Oh, alright. Is that the only reason you called? It's fine if it was, you know."

"Oh, no. Dani wanted to go to Mahiki later and said I could bring you. She's bringing one of her friends. But I also wanted to ask if you wanted to head out to lunch in about an hour?" Jade almost began rambling, and as tempting as it was to spew out random information that came to her head, she stopped herself for Jesy's sanity.