Patient (Mini-5)

Perrie shuddered at the sight before her, the mess of batter that was splattered about the kitchen making her feel nauseous.

"Jade, do me a favor and let me do the baking. How you got batter on the ceiling, I will never know." Perrie spoke to the tan girl beside her. Jade's stance was triumphant, proud of herself for successfully making "edible" food for the two of them. This stance faltered when Perrie told her not to bake.

"I was just trying to make food." Jade pouted, crossing her arms across her chest like a little girl.

"Babe, let me teach you next time. It'll be more fun that way anyways. You'll learn better." Perrie smiled, hugging the brunette and laying her head on Jade's shoulder. "I promise that I'll teach you after class tomorrow, okay?"

Jade nodded and kissed Perrie's cheek, sighing as she pulled away from Perrie to head back to her office. "Sorry, I have an assignment for my English professor that I absolutely have to finish." Jade apologized, shutting the door behind for a brief moment before sticking her head out again. "You can sit in the room with me if you'd like."

Perrie gleefully skipped to Jade's office, smiling at the walls covered in paintings and sketches and chalk drawings and, honestly, any type of art that you could possibly imagine. Jade's office always made Perrie feel so happy and warm, seeing all the bright colors and various portraits. She pulled up a free office chair and sat beside Jade, resting her head atop Jade's shoulder again. She watched as Jade furiously typed up a paper, stifling a yawn as the words on the screen fled across her vision. Her eyes soon fluttered shut, the word "love" flitting across the screen just as her eyes closed.

|}:{|}:{|}:{|

When Perrie's eyes opened, she was draped across an empty office chair with a blanket laid across her body. She sat there for a minute, her eyes resting on an open notepad with Jade's familiar scrawl decorating the page.

-{:}-{:}-{:}-

Perrie,

I'm sorry that I'm not here when you wake up. I had to go to class and I couldn't miss it. I'll see you when you get back from your classes. I hope you'll be awake enough to teach me to bake. I'm looking forward to it.

Love you.

Jade.

-{:}-{:}-{:}-

Perrie set the notepad back on the desk, briefly glancing at the time before panicking. It was nearly half ten and her classes started at ten forty-five. She scrambled to get dressed and ran out the door, nearly leaving her phone behind.

|}:{|}:{|}:{|

"Jade, I don't think you understand what it means when it says 'slowly'." Perrie jested, taking the bowl away from the brunette and mixing it carefully.

"I'm sorry that I'm impatient." Jade grumbled, looking at the recipe for the next step. "I need to heat the oven. Perrie, if I die today, just know I love you more than what I'm capable of explaining." Jade admitted, fumbling with the oven controls.

"It really isn't that hard, love. You've just gotta hit this button here," Perrie pauses and lifts Jade's hand to the button, giggling. "And then you've gotta type the right temperature."

"Oh, okay. Doesn't mean I won't light my hand on fire." Jade hit the proper buttons and the oven made a sound, indicating that it was preheating. "Ahh!" Jade squealed, jumping into Perrie's arms.

"That was the oven telling you it understood and is preheating. Don't be so worked up." Perrie smiled and placed a kiss on Jade's forehead. Jade frowned and pouted, grumpily sitting on one of the stools.

"This is stupid." She muttered, refusing to meet Perrie's gaze. "I'll never be able to bake."

"You'll get there. It's not as easy as it sounds." Perrie promised, patting the top of Jade's head lightly.

|}:{|}:{|}:{|

AUTHORS NOTE

Hiii! I'm back! I have a few more questions for you all!

What country are you from?

What are you passionate about?

Have you met any of your internet friends?

I hope you enjoyed this mini one shot. I'm still curious though.

How many of you have figured out how they're connected, or if they're connected at all?

Do you have a theory for how this possible story may end?

Anyways, you can make me happy by leaving me a comment. I love feedback!

Love you lots like jelly tots! ^_^

~Max