You, Me and the Lift

"You're dripping like a saturated sunrise
You're spilling like an overflowing sink
You're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece
And now I'm tearing through the pages and the ink"
_________________________

The black leather pants irked her slightly. Scratching her leather clad thighs, Allison Westfield stepped out of her friend's car. After a murmur of goodbyes and hugs the car drove away.
She was never the type to be tired after travelling or walking but in heels; she was ready to make an exception. The short walk to the apartment complex's lift seemed to be dragged out by the high heels. Allison scrunched up her face. "Look nice they said."She grumbled as she stepped into the elevator. " It'll be fun they said."

Just as the elevator doors were about to close a loud voice cut through. "STOP!" Panic surged though Allison as she pressed on the button.

"Thanks."

The voice was deep but contained that slight essence of child-likeness. "Great, we live on the same floor!"Allison looked up at the numbers enlisted chronologically and stared at the glowing number "13"placed between the circular orb. What Allison couldn't understand was the need of the stranger to say "stop" he could've gotten on the next lift or simply waited for the one she was on to come back. Either he was seriously impatient or was late to an event. But why would he be late to go to his own house?
________________________

The elevator door dinged open to their floor, Allison went out first not once sparing a glance at the stranger- who- lived-on-her-floor.

Allison pressed the white doorbell once, then twice, then thrice. Around the fourth attempt, Allison walked straight out to her parents longtime neighbour and friend, Mrs Davis. The shrill sound of her doorbell made her cringe slightly. As soon as Brenda opened her door Mittens, her cat came and pounced on Allison. It wasn't anything new for her. The elder lady smiled at her. She had those smiles that would make anyone pleased. Allison always wondered what made her smile stand out so much? Was it her stormy grey eyes that swirled when she lifted her lips or her straight , white teeth. "Keys?"

"Yeah."

Allison straightened up and held out one hand to fetch her keys whilst the other one scratched the cat who was rubbing against her.

"Thank you!"
"Always welcome Allison"

_________________________

Allison quickly unlocked the door. Her parents weren't present . Ever since she could operate the microwave her parents had left her for their jobs. She proceeded to move towards her room's pine door. She wasn't bemused when she saw a light blue post it saying-"BE BACK SOON!! CALL US UP"

Chuckling slightly, she picked up the landline and punched in her mother's phone number. The systematical ring was cut of by her mother's voice.
"Hello?"
"Hi mom."
"Soo, how was it?"
"The birthday? Completely awesome. The fact that I had to drag myself in these heels? Not awesome."

Her mother let out a dried chuckle and said "But you enjoyed it?"
" yeah I guess."
"Ok so tell me the details later when I get home, ok?"
"Yes mom."
"Ok love you bye."

Before having a chance to respond the
phone line was left out to a dull beep.
______________________