You, Me and the Quiff

"Everything is grey, his hair, his smoke
His dreams,
And now he's so devoid of colours
He don't know what it means,"
___________________________

"Shit." Allison muttered under her breath as she leaned back against one of the steel walls of the elevator. Alison had a gut feeling that her parents would be home by now and something told her, that they wouldn't be pleased.1.) Being too preoccupied with finding her neighbour's Cat, she lost track of time 2.) Her phone's battery died. She was clearly aware of how stupid her situation sounded, searching for her neighbour's dog with low phone battery, but the battery part wasn't technically her fault. It was the stupid iPhone brand all together. Her battery never seemed to die at one percent, but it always decided to die when the battery was at twenty-nine percent. Always.

Allison glanced at the steel doors. The image reflected in it, did not make her happy. Her wavy shoulder length brown hair which she had made into a top bun, had loose strands spilling out in all directions, her loose grey sweatshirt had some brown patches on it, due to the cat hunting and so was the case with her black jeans.

Rune was no better, his tanned skin had been covered with scratches, the plaid shirt and ripped denim had met the same fate as Allison , but the quiff that sat on top of his head remained perfect. But the damn cat sat there in the lift with his tongue out huffing and wagging his tail, without any scratch or dirt. The damn cat was found sitting with the complex guard, munching on some snacks since the past hour.

The elevator door dinged open again. This time Allison let Rune go out first, her gaze followed up to the apartment adjacent to hers.

"Thanks." That was the last Allison Westfield saw of Rune Laurell until next morning.

___________________

"You gotta catch the bus."
"What?"
"Honey, what we are saying -"
"Ok, allow me to rephrase the question." Allison stated as she cleared her throat."Why?"
"Well." Mr Westfield started as he leaned against the kitchen counter."Your mother and I, both have to attend a meeting early today." Allison stared at her father as he straightened his tie. "Also I'm leaving the day after christmas." Allison's mouth dropped open as she saw her mother smoothing down the creases on her pencil skirt.
"You're leaving?!"
"Well not like forever- ever." Her mother paused as she took a bite of Allison's cereal." But for like a week or so."

"After christmas?!" Allison stared wide- eyed at her mother. "Well we will be able to celebrate christmas together, not sure about new year's."
"Dad?" Allison stated helplessly, hoping that her dad could take her side on this. "No, can do honey."

"Ughhh."Allison groaned her way back to her room.
_________________

The ride in the bus to school was not a pleasant one. And she had every right to despise it because 1.) Allison had decided to sit on the cleanest seat she could find and she ended up falling on her butt while the two elementary school children laughed at her. No wonder that seat is so clean.2.) The back seaters had decided to have a water fight, right in front of her 3.) the annoying person in the back who did not bring his headphones and decided to showcase his awful music taste to everyone in the bus. By the time Allison reached the front gates of her school, she was already exhausted.

"Hey!" Emma Argent's blonde hair bounced behind her in a ponytail.
"Heyyyyyyy!!!!!" Allison spoke out the same, but with way more enthusiasm.

"Sup? And am I earlier than you?"
"I, had to ride the bus today."
"Woah!" Emma paused before studying Alison's face. "Was it that bad?"

"Ugggghhh. Don't even get me started on it."
__________________