02: Distrust

"M-Mitsuki..."

"Huh? Who is this? You know her?"the male one asked.

"It's obvious that she's the commander of UNISIA. Look at her uniform,"the female one replied.

The two of them glared at me with cold eyes. I got ready to draw my sword as I planned my retreat.

"Hey,Mitsuki. Since she's here,why not we kill her first?"the male one asked again.

"No. We didn't come here to fight."

Mitsuki then looked at the sword I was holding and looked at me.

"The demon blade,Muramasa of the Hokosai...How did you obtain that?"she asked.

I kept silent to avoid leaking any information.

"......Hey,Mitsuki-"

"It can poison the enemy to death with just a scratch. Do you plan on using it in battle,for a person like you who dislikes killing?"she asked again.

"I will not hesitate. Afterall,Shiinabe gave it to me...Anyway,let the director go!"

"Let's trade. In exchange for the director's life,leave your sword here."

"Leave it here...?"

I came here to help that director at any means. If I don't follow what Mitsuki says,then the director's life will be in danger. I shouldn't have seperated with Shiori. If not,we can at least take the director away with force. That leaves me no choice.

"...Alright."

I put my sword on the ground and walked towards the director to help him stand. As I headed further from the three person,I looked back at Mitsuki with disappointed eyes.

"You...have changed."

And with that,I left the alley with the injured director.

"You too have changed,Hatsuka..."

____________________________________

"Are the injuries deep?"I asked as I looked at his wounds.

"I'm alright...Anyway,why are you here?"

"You asked for help. Don't tell me that you have forgotten it."

"I-I see. I remember it..."

He looked at me with insincerity. But,there was also a small part of him that shows his gratitude. I could only glare at him as he made those expressions in front of me.

"It seems that you do not trust me,"I said as I looked away. "But anyway,I want something in return."

"What do you want? Money? Fortune? Anything as you like!"

"I want you to tell me. What's your role in the black army?"

He tried to avoid my question and asked if I want something else.

"You said that you will give me anything I want. Come on,tell me."

"I-I'm just providing them with money...That's it,"he replied.

"Nothing else?"

"Y-Yes..."

In front of me was a dead end. It was quite a long alley and I ended up in a dead end. I wasted my time here.

"I'm pathetic."

I walked back out to the street and searched for Hatsuka. Coincidencely,I found her at a cafe. She was sitting with a man around 60 years old,not talking or having any drink. I approached her and greeted that man.