05: Unseen Danger

"Can I have a second with you?"

After the meeting, I walked out of the room and headed to the research room.

Shiena suddenly called me out to have a talk. She didn't seem too happy about it....

"What do you want to talk about,Shiena?"I asked.

Shiena,who was typing a document on a computer,turned around and smiled at me when she saw me entering the room.

"Thanks for coming,Kotone. Actually,there's something I want you to look into. Since you're in charge of the information and documents of JWCEB,so I thought you might be able to help out in this matter."

"What kind of matter?"

She showed me a sheet of paper with some names on it.

"These are the names of the ability users in JWCEB whose names were exposed to the public. And as the result,these people went missing and had never showed up."

All the ability users listed down the paper were all females,and of course there wouldn't be any male ability users since there was no sign that proves that a male can be transformed into an ability user.

But,deep down in my heart,I felt something was wrong. A feeling that this shouldn't have happened.

"D-Did you inform Hatsuka about this?"I asked.

"I'm not sure about that. Since Hatsuka has been carrying a lot of burden,I don't want to make her carry more. But,it is also my responsibility to tell her about this. So,I decided to tell her after this."

Somehow,I felt nervous. I felt like I didn't want Shiena to tell Hatsuka about this. I felt guilty.

"I was thinking that....maybe,had you-"

"T-This is news to me....What should I do to help out?"

Shiena paused for a moment and looked at me.

"Kotone,you seem weird."

"I-I don't think so. Well....since Hatsuka made a contract with the Shinonome company,and the number of ability users in our army will decrease,so I thought that our army will probably in disadvantage if this problem is still not solved...."

This time,Shiena frowned and clenched her fists while looking away from me.

"Damn those Shinonome people. Who knew that they had asked Hatsuka for manpower. They're just taking advantage from us....!"she said in an angry tone.

"I understand your feelings,but....you can't let that hatred affect your work,Shiena."

"I know that. Being angry and stuff would not help to solve that problem anyway..."

"So,how can I help?"

"Sorry to ask you to do this favor. Actually...it's about us."

"This time,it's our,the UNISIA's information which is being leaked out. I can't expose anymore information about this matter,but...it's a very big problem,"she added.

I can see the frustration in her eyes. It's true,that this can cause a very big trouble to us. Nobody knows when the bad things will happen. Moreover, it will be happening to the white army's main unit. I'm sure a lot of trouble will happen if this keeps on.

"This happened because the system broke down,and the data were not secured. Thus,anyone can easily hack the information we have and cause a problem like the one we have now. It's too complicated for me to fix the system,so can you help me?"she asked.

"We just have to fix it right? No problem,leave it to me."

I leaned forward the computer and started to work on the broken system. It didn't take too much effort because it was easy for me.