11: Lies

My head really hurts. I tried to remember what happened last night, but nothing comes up in my mind. Hatsuka was there, so I think she knew something.

"Oh, you're really early today, Krista. Did you sleep well last night?"

"I didn't go home."

"I see."

"Hatsuka. Do you remember....what I said last night? I think I couldn't remember anything at all..."

She kept silent for a while and answered me. Judging by her reaction, it was obvious that she was hiding something.

"It was nothing special. You just....told me about your friend. I think your friend is a good person."

"My friend? Did I really....Oh, is that it?"

"Yes. Just that. Don't worry about stuff like that. It's not worth your energy."

"O-Okay...."

Just then, Mitsuki entered the room and gave me a list of names.

"You have to look at this. This is a big trouble,"she said and frowned.

"What's wrong, Mitsuki?"Hatsuka asked as she walked towards me. "Is it-"

She paused. Her eyes were focused towards the paper Mitsuki gave me, shocked.

"I-I will handle this case. It's okay. Can I handle it?"she asked suddenly, even before I get to read the contents.

"Sure, but..."

"Leave it to me!"she took the papers and left the room.

Mitsuki didn't say a word about it, but I knew she was curious about something.

"I didn't even say that it's a case. Did she heard something wrong?"Mitsuki asked.

"I don't think so."

"I see. Then, I'll just talk to her about it later. See you."

Is Hatsuka hiding something from me? Is there something that she couldn't just tell me about?

_____________________________________

Every night I've been thinking about it. Was I right? Was I right to hide this secret from Krista? Mitsuki knew this too. If she ever tells her about it, I don't know what should I do. I lied to her about her friend. Her friend, Yusuke must've been quite close to Krista. If not, Krista wouldn't be like that during that night.

Questions keep coming up in my head. How did she lose her memory? Why did her eyes glimmer? That red, it reminds me of the bullies in my middle school. The eyes of a bloodlust demon who wants to kill.

I may become one of that monsters. Just like Krista, I may even forget everyone one day. Krista was right, something must be done to us ability users. Something must be done.

"Sis, dinner is ready!"

"I got it! I'll come down now!"

Thinking of my ability which can only cause destruction, it makes me uncomfortable. I destroy things. It isn't like I can save anyone with my ability.

"Took you long enough, Sis. The food is getting cold,"Irori said as she handed me a bowl of rice.

"Wow, it looks like a feast. It looks very delicious."

"You haven't tried it yet. Don't mind it, let's eat."

"Let's eat."

That night passed, and a new morning came. It's raining and the weather is gloomy. Even though it's autumn, the weather is as cold as during the winter season. I was standing near the platform, waiting for the train I'm boarding. It was still early, so I decided to take a short nap before the train arrives.