06: Battle of the Two Armies

"A traitor?"

When Shiori stated that,Hatsuka didn't seem happy. Of course,what she stated just now,is a very serious problem. She couldn't just accept it right away.

"I...don't really like that. A traitor among us? There's no way..."Hatsuka said and forced a smile on her face.

From my view,she actually trusted the fact that there is a traitor. She didn't want the traitor to be revealed,so she didn't want to make a fuss out of this.

"It's okay. Let's just leave this alone. We've got a more important job than this,"she added.

"And just pay no mind to the lost ability users? Have you ever thought about their family? They're...probably worried about their missing daughters."

Shiena was against of it. I do not blame her. She cares for everyone in the army. So,it was her job,her responsibility to solve this problem. She didn't want to lose any of her comrades which meant a lot to her.

"I know that,but...what can we do? The black army is more powerful than us. We don't know what will happen if we go against them,"Hatsuka replied.

"The black army...Do you think that they are stronger than us?"

"Yes. Because they have more ability users."

"Having more ability users doesn't change anything."

"It's because you don't know what an ability user is. You had never gone into the real battlefield,yet you thought it was just that easy?"

"You're a coward,Hatsuka...I thought you were never afraid of anything."

"What...!"

This was the first time I saw Hatsuka this fierce. As I see them argue,I kept quiet. Shiori couldn't stop them,since the two of them were so serious.

"I've lost an important friend in the battle! She was strong,so much stronger than us,but what happened to her? She'd still died in the hands of an ability user!"Hatsuka shouted angrily and slammed the desk. "As a commander....if I have to let all of you to go into the battlefield and die,I'd rather choose to not be one."

"Hatsuka...."

Shiena stopped arguing and kept quiet. Hatsuka's words affected her feelings just now. She couldn't get the courage to say anything else.

"K-Kotone,why have you been keeping quiet since just now?"

I was surprised when somebody called my name just now. When I faced up,the three of them were watching me.

"You seem strange,"Shiori said again,walking towards me.

"I'm....okay. It's just,I couldn't respond to what happened."

"....If there's nothing else to say,could I speak again?"Hatsuka asked as she crossed her arms around her stomach.

"In five days time,we are going to make an alliance with the black army."

Shiena turned towards the door and started walking out of the room.

"Wait,Shiena. This is important,"Hatsuka said and grabbed her elbow.

"I don't want to hear,so I'm leaving-"

"Listen to what I want to tell you."

She then turned and looked back at the both of us.

"This alliance,is probably just a name for the battle. Of course,we are not making an alliance with them. Probably,at that time,we will be fighting against the black army instead of allying them."