15: Promise

"A-Are you okay, Miss?! You have blood all over your body!"

I tried to smile and replied,"Sorry, can I borrow your place to tend my wound? It may be...little difficult..."

The house owner lent me a hand by providing me bandages and anticeptics to treat my wound. I was lucky to be able to survive that, but I wasn't sure if Arata made it. I was stupid. I didn't just make Arata frustrated, I also tried to kill him. Besides, I almost died. Hatsuka will be sad if I'd just gone like that. There should be other options, yet I just chose the worst option.

"Aah!"

Pain stroke my body when I pulled out the bullet in my shoulder.

"This pain is nothing...I can make it."

Ten minutes later, I thanked the house owner and left that place. I headed straight for the nearest telephone booth and tried to call the hospital.

"Yes? How can I help you?"

"May I ask if a person named Edward Crossfeld admits in here?"

"Please wait for a moment."

"Yes, he is admitted in here. But, he checked out this morning. What can I do for you?"

"Ah, it's okay. Thank you very much."

At least I know that they're safe right now. For now, I should head home first. Yusuke must be worried.

I headed straight back home. It was still in the morning, so Yusuke wasn't at home since he's still at college now. I took a bath and laid onto the bed. I grabbed my phone and dialed Hatsuka's number.

"Ah, the signal's broken."

I changed into casual clothes and headed outside for a public phone. I quickly called Hatsuka to inform her that I'm still alive.

"Yes? Who is this?"

"It's me, Hatsuka. I'm okay, so you don't have to worry."

"...."

She kept silent for a few seconds.

"It's really you, Krista...I'm relieved. Do you know, how much we worried about you?"

Her voice was blur, clearly showing that she's in tears.

"I thought I'd never seen you again! I thought...I thought I lost you! Idiot, don't do that again!"

"I'm sorry, Hatsuka. I won't do that again."

I heard footsteps heading towards me.

"Where are you? Can I come over there?"

"Of course. Take 20 minutes time, I'll be free by then. I have something to do afterall."

"Then, I'll see you later."

I hung up the phone and ducked onto the floor. As I expected, something stroke onto the phone. The person who attacked me wore totally black clothes, covering almost all parts of his body preventing me to identify him.

"What does the black army want from me?!"I asked.

"We want you dead."

I broke the glass on my right side and ran away from him. Without my ability, I won't be able to hold him off any longer. The me now is more useless than before.

The black army was not something I can just let go of. They waited for a chance where they can eliminate the white army, especially UNISIA, with a proper reason, that is to kill me. Now that I've become a threat to them by discovering the solution, all they have to do is to eliminate me from their chess board.