14: Trust

The rain washed away all the blood on Edward's body. The wound hidden within his clothes couldn't be seen, but I knew that he was already badly injured. He has been already shot more than two times, each and every bullet into different parts of his body.

"Give up. Even if you're a president, it doesn't mean that you can defeat anyone. Don't you dare to act tough."

I couldn't agree with Arata's words. There's nothing wrong if you try to act tough. I'm sure everyone does that, even me too. I couldn't stand seeing Edward being hurt again. His condition is worse enough, in addition to his disease which has not been cured for a long time. In this rate, he'll break.

"Stand back, Edward! I'll take him-"

"I said I will take him down. Stay there,"he interrupted and blocked my way.

"You can't! I can use my ability to take him down! You're...already at your limit."

"If you use your ability now, people will see you. It's too much of a risk."

"It doesn't matter now! I don't care about-"

A bullet shot through our direction, but it missed. That bullet was meant to hit us.

"You're ignoring me?"Arata asked.

"What if we are?!" I shouted and ran towards him.

I quickly took of my gloves and aimed my fist towards his stomach. I was in close range, so it gave me advantage, since I fight in a close-combat battle.

"Don't, Hatsuka! You'll kill him!"

My fist landed straight on his stomach, and he was pushed backwards with an extraordinary strength.

My ability is to be able to hit something with a very large amount of force, magnified to two and three times, depending on how I use it. It can usually land a death blow, especially to those who cannot regenerate at high speed.

He crawled on the floor while groaning in pain.

"You...do fight, don't you?"

"What you do mean?!" I walked towards him and frowned.

"Thinking that a person, who is just an ordinary branch director, don't fight? You're wrong," I said. "Even the weakest person fights, you should know that."

He suddenly laughed.

"I don't need you to tell me about that. Whether it's true or not, you'll see later."

I turned around and looked towards Edward. He didn't seem to be in danger, but something was wrong. The look in Arata's eyes showed that something is going to happen.

"Edward, get out of there," I said as I tried to look around.

"It's too late."

He pointed his gun towards Edward, but it wasn't towards him. He was actually aiming at the gas pipe located near to Edward, where it was already leaking due to the damage I caused just now.

If he pulls the trigger, it will explode. The whole area will be turned to ashes.

"You know how accurate I am, just as same as when I shot that man. If you don't want to die, stand back,"he ordered and frowned. "Oh, I just remembered that you can't die. But, with your slow regenerating skills, you'll still get killed too. Along with your precious president."

"Damn!"

"You can't fight now, right? Don't talk like you'll keep fighting, even until your last breath. There are times where you don't need to fight," he spoke as he placed his finger near the trigger. "If you'd just let me take my sister away, we don't need to fight. Nobody will have to die. Why can't you understand such simple thing?"