10: Shattered Memories

During the 20th century, war was illegal in this world. No one nor a single ruler would not do anything to stop any war. At that time, the world was is peace until that day, everything changed.

____________________________________

"What are you thinking, Krista?! Are you serious?!"

Once Hatsuka listened to my decision, she got angry. It wasn't because I didn't discuss with her, but it was because she disagreed with what I want to do.

"Do you know what will happen if you carry out the surgery without knowing the success rate? I know you're doing this to help the ability users, but think about yourself."

"I know, Hatsuka. But, I can only take this chance. If this can stop the increase of ability users in Japan, I'll do it."

"You don't know? The one who is creating beings such as ability users is this army. I apologize if this hurts you but, you are just wasting your life for this army. The army won't even appreciate it, instead they will claim this as an act of betrayal. You'll be a traitor by then."

I know Hatsuka was trying to stop me for good. I feel bad if I continue to argue with her, but I know it wouldn't be of any use.

"Don't worry, Hatsuka. I won't be one."

"I'm relieved if you say that, but I'm still worried. Don't do anything without thinking about yourself. Or else, I'll get angry."

"Haha, you're like a mother."

"D-Do I look that old?"

After she left, I turned over to the stack of papers which I have to go through. All and everything is about the matters of the army. I could only sigh and bear the hard work, since I'm the commander. I have to be responsible for this, at least.

After work, which ended around 6.00 in the evening, I went to the nearby bakery to buy some of the cakes.

"Good evening, Miss Krista. As usual, isn't it?"

"Yes. Ah, and two more of the cheese cakes please."

"Right up."

When I was waiting, a person greeted me from behind.

"What a coincidence, Krista. Buying the same as usual? You'll get fat in no time,"Irori greeted and smiled.

"Good evening, Irori, Mitsuki. Having dinner here?"I asked.

"No, we're just here to buy something to eat. Especially for Hatsuka who is starving like crazy,"Mitsuki answered.

"Hatsuka is here?"

"Sis is-"

"Irori. Hatsuka is waiting for us. Let's hurry,"Mitsuki interrupted.

"Then, I won't bother you. See you tomorrow."

"See you."

They were obviously hiding something from me. Hatsuka....Is she in the hospital again? If she is, I have to visit her.

"Here you go."

"Thank you."

_____________________________________

My chest feels so uncomfortable. This feeling....I wish it could just disappear. It's a bother.

"Sis, have something to eat. This will help to ease the pain."

"Cakes? It's too sweet."

"Irori, sweet things are bad for people with heart disease. "

"I-I see. I'm sorry....I didn't realize."