Chapter 28

Recap:
My eyes teared when he said us. What us? There is no us? There is me and there is you. No us!

I wish I could speak at this moment so I could say that to him. He has no right to come into this room, invade my personal space and then want to talk about something that never ever existed. Us.

"F-first of all I really am sorry for p-putting you in the position you are right now." he said, as I felt his warm hand on the side of my face caressing my cheek with his thumb. Oh how I wanted to slap his hand right off for touching me, but at the same time wanted him to hold me closer. Funny, I never felt like this with Ethan. Why all of a sudden do I feel like this?
'Oh my gosh, No way,.... Ashley if this is your way of saying you want Damion, then stop. At least not so soon. Let me just do my stuff and then maybe just maybe, if fate wants us together then will I only accept him.' I said, Ashley kissed her teeth and nodded. Then Damion spoke which reverted my attention to him.

"You know, I really do regret rejecting you. The times I spent without you past like hell. I mean my wolf seriously went into depression, and didn't talk to me for like months. He kept annoying me by saying your name, over and over again." he said, with his thumb still caressing my cheek.

Oh really did my name really annoy him that much. If it did why are you sitting in front of me. I mentally screamed at him, what a nice moment to be unconscious. Isn't it?

"Wait no, I'm sorry that came out wrong. It's not... Wait...Yes it... No... Argghhhh why can't I speak to you properly. It's just that I'm really scared of saying the wrong thing and ruining any chance I still might have with you." he said in a tone which had a tiny hidden bit of guilt behind it. I still can't suss out if he really wants me because he want to be with his mate or is it just because he wants to become king now knowing I'm the future heir to the throne.

Why do you always have to mess me up? It's like I think of something but as soon as I see you, the plan or what ever I was thinking about, changes 100 different times which leaves me confused, with what the hell is actually going on. I'm so dazed and confused...

"Do you know when I was younger, my parents would talk to me about having a mate. How they would stand by you at the moment of your need. How them being around you would made you a thousand times better. I used to laugh in my parents faces and tell them that I don't need someone else to make me happy or love me. I was always an individual with just my parents by my side. Then one day during a hunter's attack my mom was killed, I saw her Didier right in front of me. The last thing she said to me was to 'Go, be happy and look after everyone, especially your future mate'. I was broken, torn apart... " he said, me being half unconscious didn't stop the few tears that flowed down from my closed eyes. And by the tone of his voice I could hear him trying to keep his tears in.

"I felt like nothing would ever cheer me up, and I was alone for years until I was 15 and that was when I found Serena, she was there to pick the broken pieces up, she was the one who made me smile. I thought for sure that she was my mate because that's what fit the description my parents told me about. The one thing they didn't tell me was the tingles you feel when you're with you mate, I just learnt about it today. Maybe that was the reason I rejected you. I thought that I had already found my mate. I don't want to be mean or anything but you were something no one in the pack wanted, and I didn't want to be the odd one out. So I did the most stupidest thing by rejecting you, which might have been the best idea on the day it happened but now that I think about it I feel plain stupid. When Serena went, that's when I knew there was no connection between me and her." he said. By the end of his speech, I could feel that my face was wet. I can't believe I'm crying over something Damion is saying.

"Aggh I wish you could show me some reaction. I wish you would talk to me right now. I feel like I'm talking to myself" he sniffed and the continued "I'm gonna let you rest now and I'll talk to you later, there is no point of talking if you can't hear me" he said as he removed his hand from my face and held my hand again bringing it up to his wet cheek and planting a soft warm gentle kiss on the palm of my hand. He let go of my hand, letting the cold air of the room wrap around my hand. I heard the chair scrape the floor and his footsteps coming near me and he covered my cold body with the sheets, making me feel a little warmer than before. He walked and I heard the window being close, stopping the cold air coming in. Wow this is the most sweetest thing he's done.

Thank you Damion...

_______________________________________________

Aww Damion is really sweet isn't he? Ha I don't know that's for you to decide. What do you think of Damion now? Do you still ship Ethis or have you changed your mind?

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW (I will follow back)

If there's any mistakes or any requests you want me to add into the story feel free to inbox me and I'll see you all in the next chapter.