Chapter 45

"Are we there yet?" I whined like a 5 year old kid for like the thousandth time this past hour. I mean I swear we were not this far from the pack, were we?

"No we just passed pack territory. Quit your whining, Lex, and have some chocolate" he said, reaching into his pocket and taking out a chocolate bar, throwing it at me.

"Well at least tell me how long?" I said rolling my eyes and picking up the chocolate bar. He looked at me, before looking at the road.

"Fine, about half an hour at full speed. At the least. " he said, looking back at me smiling a bit. I looked at him, for some reason my eyes keep trailing back to him where ever I look.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" he said, I kept my eyes on him while he was driving.
"Like what?" I said with a shrug, looking back at him with the same exact look.
"Like that"
"Because this doesn't feel real." I said point to both of us then I looked away at the road. "I saw you die. Now here you are sitting in front of me looking fine. I honestly thought I wasn't gonna see you anymore. Yet here you are."

From under my eye I saw him smile but it wasn't just a friendly smile, it was a flirty smile. But I decided to ignore him. I don't want to break his heart, I know he liked me, he admitted it 5 years ago but I thought it would disappear. I mean hes not a bad guy, he's actually amazing, the problem is he's just not for me.

"Ever since I came back, I was waiting for the day I would actually see you again. That was 3 years ago. I have waited 3 years for you. I lov-" he said, gosh I can't let this go on, he needs to stop, I need to stop it.
"I'vegotamate" I said super fast, I don't even think I heard it. As soon as it left my mouth I slapped my hand over it.

"What?" he asked clearly not hearing what I said. I winced before repeating. The car immediately stopped making us both jump forward.

"Who? When? How? Effing hell Lex, why didn't you tell me before I would have never tried to you know.... " he said in shock. I twirled the few strands of hair that had come out of the messy bun.

"It's okay, gosh. His names Damion. Nearly 3 years ago. How? Ummm because the moon goddess paired is up." I said, leaving spaces between my words.

"As in Damion, your bully, your worst enemy is your mate." he said still in shock. I don't get it why is he in shock. I nodded my head at his response.
"I did not see that coming" he muttered to him self, running his hand through his hair. I let out a laugh.
"He's not bad once you get to know him. He's actually quite sweet....." I said playing with the strings of the hoodie, thinking about all the sweet things he has done since I saw him again.

How he covered my cold body the day I was in the infirmary. When he had closed the blind just so I could sleep peacefully. When he helped me during the third stage of the tournament. The way he kissed me and the way I hugged him. Man do I miss that? Miss him? Why did it have to get this far for me to realise that he was telling the truth and he really didn't intend to hurt me?

"How can he be sweet?" Bash said, once the car had started moving again. I stopped playing with the strings and looked at him.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, once a villain always a villain." he simply stated. I furrowed my eye brows at him.
"But he's not a villain. In fact if I had listened to him I would have never been on this position right." I started yelling, Bash was getting on my nerves I mean yeah I hated Damion guts months ago, but things change. Just like I don't see Sebastian anything more than a friend anymore.

"Okay I get it that you care and shit but please don't interfere between me and my mate. I have spend 3 years without him and I'm not giving the only chance to be with him away. Understood?" I yelled, his eyes furrowed in shock from my sudden outburst but I don't care it had to be done. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked outside. As much as I don't want to admit, I like Damion? I like Damion. Omg I like Damion.

After what seemed like 20 minutes of nothing but awkward silence Bash finally spoke up. He said the 2 words I wanted to hear.

"We're here." he said, I instantly sat up hitting my head on the top of the car. Bash just laughed at me.
"You go first, I have to do something" he said.

I got out of the car and stood in front of the pack house. Man have I missed this place. I haven't been back here in 3 years. I couldn't contain my excitement any longer, I started squealing and jumping up and down. Until I realised that everything was quiet, no talking, no kids playing. I slowly walked into the pack house and my nose instantly picked up there smell of freshly cooked food.

"C'mon Jason, you need to eat. She'll be back I promise." I heard a voice say, shortly followed with a rough voice.
"Iris, you know I can't. Not when she's out there probably not eating a thing." That voice belongs to Jason. My eyes widened and I ran into the kitchen and hugged Jason. His body was tense, trying to push me off and I could hear Iris growling.

"Jase, I missed you so much." I said. He instantly relaxed. I moved my head from his chest and looked up at him. His eyes were widened and he was looking at me as if he could believe it.

"Alex, oh my gosh Alex" he said placing both his hands on either side of my face before lifting me off their ground hugging me so tight I couldn't breath. "I can't believe you're back. I swear if that son of bitch did anything to you..." he said through his grinded teeth. I moved away from his hug, and stood in front of them. I waved a high towards Iris, since I don't really know her. But I'm willing to.

"What's all the commotion ab-" I heard someone say, walking towards the kitchen but stopped speaking once her eyes made contact with mine. Renee run towards me giving me the biggest hug I've ever experienced making me stumble back but nevertheless I returned the hug. Letting out tears, tears of happiness.

"Lexi I thought I'd never see you again" She said, I felt warm tears fall on my shoulder though the fabric of the hoodie, but still not releasing me from the hug.
"Me too. I missed you so much." I said in between my tears. She moved away the hug and stood in front of me wiping the tears.
"No, no tears. Once the rest get here were gonna celebrate. " she said, wiping her tears aswell.
"Where are the rest?" I questioned.
"They've gone out to find you. But now that you're here I'll mind link them." Jason said before walking out of the kitchen.

"So are you okay?" I heard Iris say as she came walking up to me and Renee. I smiled at her and nodded.
"Do you want anything to eat? Drink?" she said. She wants to make conversation but not to be mean or anything but I feel awkward talking to her. I don't know why.

"No thanks. I had lunch on the way" I said. Just then I remembered that Bash and Rilyn were still in the car. "Whoops I forgot something. I'll be right back"

I got up and walked out to the car to find that Bash was waiting inside the car. I signalled him to come and he did as I said. He walked to the back of the car and picked up Rilyn. We both walked back in and Bash set Rilyn on the sofa. But as soon as he turned around his eyes immediately stopped on Renee, she was doing the same. They were both smiling at each other, list in their own worlds. There could only be one explanation. Mates. Once I realised that neither of them was gonna do anything, I pushed Sebastian in Renee's direction making him stumble forwards. Bash scratched his neck before he turned his head to give me a death glare, I only responded with a smile and a wink. But nevertheless they started talking.

I sat down next to Rilyn and closed my eyes, trying to relax myself. But as soon as I inhaled once again, a familiar scent hit me. Making me and my Wolf go back on high alert. Damion.

____________________________________

Hello from the other side. Guys so I hoped u enjoyed that. I know I did, I was soo happy that Alexis finally returned home.

Also happy Eid, guys!!!!