Chapter 31

^^^
This is a drawing drawn by yours truly. *crowd applause* I know, I know I'm amazing. *flips hair over shoulder*... Nah just kidding. But no I'm serious about being amazing...
Enough about me. Let's get to the story.

But before you all get mad at me for not updating, you should know that you guys didn't motivate me to get of my lazy ass and write. I kept say I'll do it tomorrow. So remember it all your fault for me not updating.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Ethan, hurry up" I yelled as I finished puting my neon tank top with lower thigh shorts on and tieing my hair back into a ponytail.

"Okay okay, I'm done. " Ethan said, as he finished putting his trainers on. He stood up and we both made our way out of the tent and met up with everyone at the park. I just found out that it's an 8km race. Running through; mud, water. Over; mudslides. Pulling lots of weights and so on. I'm just tried listing them, imagine doing it all.

We still have 5 minutes until the race starts. So everyone is having a small get together. Since there is no one here for me to talk to, I'll just sit here waiting on the starting line.

I haven't seen Jason since our little fall out a couple of days ago. Renee is with the royals helping out with them, I haven't seen her since we came. I have no idea where Recee is. Ethan went with his friends I'm guessing. Lucas is, I'm guessing happily living with Adele.

I look up and there I see Damion sitting a couple metres away from me. Also sitting alone. I wonder where Serena is to keep him 'company.' Obviously she must meant something to him if he left me for her. Aggh why am I even thinking about him? Her? Them? Us?

AHHHHHHH!!!!! I mentally scream.

I need to focus on how I'm gonna do this race. Out of the 500 wolves left in round 2 only the top 50 will move on and I need to be within that top 50 or else I'm nothing but a failure. If I fail, it means I really am worthless not only to everyone else but to myself as well. And I can't let that happen. I have come to far to back down. I will do what it takes to get through to the final round.

I sit with my knees to my chest and my head on my knees, when I feel someone hand on my shoulder. I look up to my side to see Ryder sitting next to me.

"Hey, how's your arm? " he said, sitting on the same position as me.
"It's fine, I guess." I said, to be honest it still hurts but not as much as yesterday. It only hurts when I pull something or raise it, which kind of scares me now cause there will be weight pulling and stuff. I really want to back out but my ego and self conscious is not letting me. Annoying b*tches.
"So how are you gonna do all this?" he asked.
"I'll find something to do one way or another... So what's up? Any news? " I said, as I nudged him with my shoulder. He looked confused for a sec, but then his face went all droopy and sad.
"No. I'm starting to wonder if I even have one" he replied sadly, it's really sad that he still hasn't found his first mate and he's just started 18. I gave him a sideways hug.
"Awww, don't worry you'll find her. If you don't, I'll personally take you to every door step until you find her." I said, comforting him by rubbing my hand on his back. I stole a glance of Damion, his glare was filled with nothing but hatred, but not directed at me. It looked like he was shooting daggers at Ryder. Which was scaring me a bit, but I was also enjoying the scene that Damion is actually jealous that I'm not with him. Which means that I actually did what I had come to do, 'he does regrets rejecting me'.

"Everyone get to your places, and I'll have someone hand you, your numbers.
Just some rules before we start. No fighting, no shortcuts and absolutely no stopping for breaths until you reach the checkout points which are after every 2.5 km. If any of you do these 3 things you will be disqualified, and will not be going to the final round. Just a quick reminder that only the first 50 wolves will be heading to the next round. " the announcer started, everyone stood up from their places and stood on the white starting line. Including me. Somebody came and handed everyone a number tag thing. I'm number #35.

"Okay, everything is sorted. You may start on the fire of the gun. GOOD LUCK" the announcer said as he held the gun in the air.

*BAM* the gun fired. Everyone started running, so did I.

After 3 minutes of nothing but plain running the first obstacle came into sight. It was running through thick muddy water which was up to my knees. I started moving in the mud, everything from my knee and under was covered in mud.

Ewww, it's soft and gooey and sticky and just ewww. I have never done something this disgusting in my entire life.

After running through the mud, there's running in water which is up to my ankles and then crawling in mud under barbed wires.
I lay down on the soft gooey mud and start crawling under the wires, hoping my hair doesn't get tangled in it. My arms, legs and face is literally muddy and we haven't even completed 1km yet. Arggh this is sooo fricking disgusting.

After I finish the barbed wire crawl, I stand up and run to the next obstacle, which is the rope swing. Shit, I seriously doubt that I'll be able to do this with my injured arm, but if I don't do it I'll be disqualified as well as doing 100 burpees. I seriously don't have time for that.

I look around, every one is grabbing a rope and swinging across, reaching perfectly without touching the water. But I'm just standing here. I guess I have to do this with one arm. I grabbed the rope with one hand, trying to weigh out my body weight on my arm. Let's hope for the best that I will reach. I swing using my one hand, but since I have mud on them, I sort of start slipping until I'm at the end of the rope. Aghh this is useless, I'll have to jump the rest. On the count of 3, I let go of the rope and jump to the side, making a perfect jump but scraping my knee in the process.

Thank the Lords above that I reached. After that there's more running until I reach obstacle number 4. Which is weight pulling. Something that requires 2 hands. Which I don't got. There's this big wooden contraption thingy with a rope thrown over the top with a weight on one side and an empty side for me to pull on.

Everyone else is pulling the weights to the top and slowly lowering it down before running off again. I stare at the contraption for a total of 30 seconds before actually trying to pull it. I pull the rope with one hand, the weight goes up an inche but falls back to the ground. I start pulling for the second time and this time is seems easier, the weight reaches the top and falls to the ground. I smile at my accomplishment, but the smile was wiped off my face when I turned to start to running but nearly tripped over Damion, who I realised helped me pull the rope up. But why?
"Umm thanks" I say to him with furrowed eyebrows. That's so sweet of him, but at the same time it irritates me that he helped me.
"It's the least I can do for you know" he says pointing to my injured arm. I force a smile at him before running on my path again.

Another 7 km to go. I'll never make it, but I gotta keep going. Gotta keep my head held high and at least put my all in to it. Hopefully I can do this. And prove everyone who once called me weak, useless and pathetic, wrong. They never actually defined me, they only said word that I actually forced myself to believe. I created the four walls myself by believing that I was weak.

___________________________________________

Another chappie is up. What do you think?
Questions:
1) What's up with Damion?
2) Is he starting to want Alexis back? (should they be together very fast or over like a period of time?)
3) Who should Ryder's mate be in your opinion?

XOXO XOXO
LUV YALL

*HEART/VOTE
*COMMENT
*FOLLOW