Chapter 32

Running for God knows how long, I made it to the next obstacle. The slippery wall. A double sided wall which is slightly slanted and covered with grease, I have to climb it using the rope which is hanging over the wall.

I grab the rope with my good hand using my bad hand to just support myself on the rope. I start walking up the greasy, I don't even make it half way when I start slipping back down to the bottom. Aggh I need to do this, I look down at my feet to know where to place them. I walk back up but this time I feel someone grab my arm and pull me up. I didn't have time to look up and see who it is. But through the fireworks on my skin, I already know.
He's been helping me from the start, I don't know why? I mean we both had a fight last night and now all of a sudden he's helping like nothing ever happened between us. I wish I could understand this all.

I was knock out of my thought when my feet touched the ground on the other side of the wall. I had slid down the wall without even knowing. Damion looked at me with smile and ran off. Whyyy?

Now there is only one more obstacle left, one that involves jumping and fire. I ran for 30 second and then I was face to face with the last obstacle. The pit of flames....

I walked back and ran as fast as my legs could take me, I jumped on the springy wooden thing and successfully jumped over the pit of flames. Never in my life have I encountered such a dangerous thing, I mean someone could seriously get burnt alive.

Now that all the obstacles are done, there is another 5 minutes of plain running and then the finish line. I run passing 2 or 3 people. Just like that, I was passing people and then people were passing me. Just then the finish line came into sight at a very far distance. With one big breath I ran faster than I've ever done before, but that didn't last long because I tripped over my over foot and feel to the ground scraping my knees and arms everywhere, and banging my forehead on the ground. People were passing me, not just one or two but probably 10 or 20. That's it I can't do it. Even if I get up I can't pass all those people. I'm just a loser like everyone used to say.

Come on Alex. You've made it this far don't let one thing ruin all this. Do it for yourself, do it for everyone who underestimated you........ You're not a loser, you're the one who fought against 4 packs on your own and fought 10 packs in total. You're the one who survived rejection. Just get up and finish what you started. Ashley said in my head, she's right I need to finish what I started.

With Ashley's words I find a new energy, a new strength within me. Something telling me that I can do this. I stand up, despite all the blood come out from my arms and legs and ran. Ran like I've never done before. I used to be the fastest runner and I know I still am.

I ran and ran. Passing tons of people, that I lost count. The finish line getting closer and closer. People were all getting serious about the last part of the race, that they're pushing and shoving each other. One I saw the finish line just a few feet away I smiled. I passed the finish line which is good but the bad thing wad that I passed over the line at the same time as the person next to me. I looked over at the board but there was only one space remaining. Oh shit, I need to know who is getting that last place. Is it me or the other person? I walked over to where everyone else was standing, drinking water and refreshing themselves. Walking over to the refreshment table I was cut off when Damion walked past me with 2 cups of water in his hands. Without thinking I snatched the cup from his hand and chugged it down. I never realised how thristy I had gotten until now. Once I finish drinking I wiped my mouths with the back of hand and grabbed his drink from his hand just as he was about to sip it. I drank it all bit by bit.

"Woah calm down" Damion said as he removed the cup gently from my lips. I looked at him, my face heated out of embarrassment.
"But I'm thirsty" I said. The scene of him helping me came into my head.
"Thanks" I said, he looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed "You know for helping me back there"

A smile crept on to his face and surprisingly I found myself smiling as well. Huh weird. I looked around but when I looked back at Damon, my eyes locked with his.

He stared into my eyes. I got lost in his ocean blue eyes. I wanted to turn away from him yet a part of me wanted to be closer to him. His eyes traveled from my eyes to my lips as he lick his own. He took a step closer to me until our feet were touching. His face got closer and closer. My heart beated faster, my palms started sweating and time seemed to have stopped. It was only me and him, no one else. I wanted nothing more than to kiss those lips right now.

He placed his hand on my neck and brought his face closer. I closed my eyes. I couldn't move, my body wasn't cooperating with my brain. His breath was tickling my nose.....

Ah-ah Achoo. I accidentally sneeze on Damion's face. Way to ruin the moment. He stumbled backwards as he wiped his face with the back of his hand.
"Yuck" he said.
"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry" I walked to him and started wiping his face. He looked at me and smiled. I started laughing.
"That was not funny" he said. I laughed even more. Seconds later we were both on the floor laughing as we held our stomachs.
"It was, you tried to kiss me." I said through my laughs. Then it hit, he tried to kiss me!!!! Argggh why? I'm supposed to be mad at him, I am mad at him. I hate him. Okay maybe not hate but strongly dislike him.

The laughs instantly left my face. I stood up and left without saying anything to him. Before I left I looked at him, he had stopped laughing and there was hurt in his eyes. It makes me upset to see him sad but it also kind of kills me to know that I'm the reason behind his frown. A tear slipped from my eye. I wiped it it my finger and headed to where everyone else was.

"So everyone did really well. But since there is only 50 places, the rest are out so here we go. At first place we have Stacey Williams..........." the announcer started. 3 minutes later Damon came and stood next to me but I didn't argue. The announcer had finally reached number 50.
"At number 50 we had a tie between Princess Alexis Greyback and Madison Volkov, who passed the final line at the same time but unfortunately we can't have both. So we have decided that Madison Volkov will....." as soon as he said that, my heart dropped. Oh my gosh I didn't make it to the next round. Tears started to prick in the corners of my eyes. "Not be joining us in the next round. Place number 50 goes to Princess Alexis Greyback. Congratulations." he continued as he started clapping. As soon as those words left his mouth a scream come out of my mouth, I jumped and hugged the first person next to me. Whoever it was he smelt amazing. His arms made it to my waist and that was when sparks flew, and butterflies erupted in my stomach. Really out of all the people here, I had to hug Damion. Well who cares, I can't believe I made it to round 3. It was all because of Damiom's help.

"Thank you so much" I whispered in his ear. He flinched but placed his head on the crook of my neck. It felt amazing, I felt safe. I felt something that I haven't felt in years.

But this doesn't mean that I have at all forgiven him. He's still on my dislike list. But all that matters is right now.

______________________________________________

There we go. Another chapter. I hope yall enjoyed. I sure as hell enjoyed writing the Dalex scene.

Questions:
1) who enjoyed the Dalex scenes? (dont worry guys they both still have a long way to go)
2) What do you think might happen?

XOXO XOXO
LUV YALL

*HEART/VOTE
*COMMENT
*FOLLOW