Chapter 44

"Lex wake up." I heard someone whisper yell. 'Lex' it said again, I moved my head and placed it the other way, a chuckle came out of my bed. Since when does my pillow move up and a down. This time I felt two hands on my arms and was shaken awake, making me shoot right up bashing my head on the other persons head. I held my head groaning while the other peraon did the same. I blinked a couple of times before my eyes refocused and I saw bash holding his nose, with tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" I said, once everything in my head cleared up and I remembered everything from last night, I realised that I wasn't sleeping on my bed, I was sleeping on Sebastian's shoulder.

"eh it's okay. There's nothing I love more than getting hurt in the morning. " he said.
"Well you should be used to me hurting you every morning." I replied, referring to the mornings when he would have been fast asleep and I would be so bored, what I would do was slap him awake, but not that hard maybe just a little smack just to annoy him, then hide. It would be so funny seeing him sit up clueless.

"You? You were the one slapping me every morning. You told me that the cat hated me." he said releasing his nose from his grip. I laughed at this.

"You were a real gullible kid back then." I said patting his cheek. He let out a laugh and then turned back to the door where Rilyn went last night.

"Are they done?" I asked, sitting up straight. He ran a hand through his hair.
"They were done hours ago." he said, my mouth hung open. "I let you sleep since you looked like you haven't slept in weeks."
That's why I feel so energised today. But if they were done hours ago, that could have meant that I could have been home by now along with Rilyn. As soon as this idea popped into my head, I jumped of the seats and stood up.

"If they are done, we can go right. Let me go get Rilyn. " I said as I walked towards Rilyn door when suddenly my hand was grabbed, stopping me from going.

"Lex, not exactly. She's still passed out. Carter said she won't be responsive for at least 24 hours." Sebastian said, I groaned loudly making sure he heard.

I don't want to stay here for another 24 hours, I want to go home. I want to see Damion. I wanna see my friends. I want to see Lucas.

"I cannot and will not stay here for another 24 hours" I said, making him release my hand. I walked back towards the seats, sitting down with my head in my hands.

Sebastian hesitated a bit before saying "I'll go see what I can do" My head instantly shot up and I ran towards him hugging him. He gave me a nod and went to see where Carter was, I just went back to sit at the seats.

After waiting for what seemed like hours, but was only a few minutes Bash came out of the office with a frown on his face. Arghh I don't want to stay here for another day.
I looked up at Bash, as soon as I stood up his frown turned upside down.

"We can go!" I yelled Bash laughed before nodding his head. I threw my hands in the air. "Thank heavens, I'm going home"

After calming down, we both bursted out laughing. Bash kissed my forehead before going over Rilyn's room to pick her up.

"Carter, we're going now" Sebastian yelled and we both made our way to the car. With Rilyn's laying in the back seat, me and Sebastian sitting at front.

And we drove off with only the radio playing to some calm instrumental songs, in an awkward silence.

"Can I ask you something?." he said, I tuned to look at him and raised my eyebrows signalling him to continue.
"Do you ever regret running away with me?"
I looked at him confused.
"No, why? Do you?" I quickly said, he immediately shook his head 'no'.
"No, the one and a half year that I spent with you, were the best moments of my life. Now life has given me a second chance to relive those moments." he said as he placed his hand on top of mine. I removed my hand from under his and I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes.

"Even though those moments were amazing and I wish things could be the way they were. But they can't. A lot has changed in the past 5 years." I said looking out the window, trying to avoid eye contact with him, thinking about our time together.
I was 14 while he was two years older at age 16. We were friends for a year and a quarter, honestly we would do everything together. He was closer to me than Jason was at that time.

I would have sneaked out of the house at night when everyone was sleeping, me and him would going into the forest to talk, he would have brought somewhat decent food. Yeah this carried on for a year. But one night as I was walking out of the house, I was caught and I was beaten until I couldn't move because of the pain. After I had recovered a little and could move again, I ran over to the forest to just sit on the fallen trees.

I had sat here for the past couple hours before I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Lex. Are you okay? " he had said with his voice filled with concern. I let my tears fall and I turned around to hug him by the torso leaving a tear stain on his shirt. He got down on his knees, once he released me from the hug, wiping my tears away and running his fingers over my black eye.
"Lexy. What happened? " he said more firmer, but I was crying so much I couldn't speak, the only thing I could do was show him. I lifted my top up to reveal a poorly wrapped bandage around my stomach, slowly unwrapping the bandage revealing a massive cut from under my ribcage to my hip. It was an open wound starting to bleed again. I had closed my eyes because I didn't want to see Bash's reaction to this. He knew about the minor hits but this was beating to a next level. Then after a few seconds I turned around having my back facing him and I took my top of completely revealing the other cuts and bruises from the recent beating on my back. He ran his finger over some of the closed wound but it still hurt making me jerk back. After he was done I put my top back on and faced him once again. He looked at me speechless, his mouth was opening and closing like a fish out of water. I stood up and he stepped forward engulfing me into a soft hug making sure he didn't hurt my back or my stomach.

"Y-you know what? We're leaving" he said, I broke from the hug and looked at him like he was crazy, shaking my head.
"A-are you c-crazy?" I replied, his facial expression didn't change.
"If helping you means I'm crazy then yes. Yes I am." he said, I managed a laugh before I went in for another hug.
"I know you are."

"Lex. You okay?" he said, waking me from my memory. I looked at him and gave him a half hearted smile before nodding.
"Just lost in thoughts" I said, playing with my the bottom of my dress. I so need to change out of this, it's starting to annoy me. Bash probably noticed me being uncomfortable.
"You know, I have some clothes at the back you could we-"
"Yes" I said before he could finish his sentence. Thank the heavens above I'm finally getting out of this annoying dress.

He let out a chuckle and stopped the car near a little diner, getting out of the car and going to the back. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out joining him at the back. He handed me a plastic bag filled with clothes and walked into the diner into the bathrooms.

After washing up a bit, I put on the clothes Sebastian gave me, which was a pair of sweatpants and an over sized hoodie. I put my hair in a messy bun before walking out of the bathroom and into the crowded diner to see that Bash had gotten food and was sitting at the table. I sat down on a seat opposite him, my mouth watering as I saw the yummy food placed in front of us both.

"You know you actually look good in my clothes" he said taking a sip of soda. I rolled my eyes at him and started eating my breakfast lunch. Ha it's my lunch eaten at breakfast time.

After what seemed like 20 minute, I finished the rest of my breakfast lunch and told Bash to go. I checked on Rilyn before jumping into the car.

Next stop home.

________________________________________

Wahoooo another chapter done after 3 weeks. Sorry guys but I just couldn't be bothered, especially with not eating for 19 hours a day, I mean can you blame me. Oh well.

So what did you think of this chapter. Was it good, bad or eh?

Before I forget go check out my other story called 'True feelings' but guys bare with me guys the updates on both story's are not constant.

Okay I'm gonna stop rambling on since I know everyone skips these notes so bye. Until next time.