Chapter 38

NOT EDITED

My eyes open up to complete darkness, everything blurry and I feel a stinging sensation on my arm. My body hurts so badly, my back hurts as it's touching the ground. I'm just laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling above me, with no lights, complete darkness. Except the little light coming from the dancing flame on top of the candle.

Slowly coming conscious, I sit up despite my blurry vision, I see thin rows of lines placed next to each other. As my eyes come to focus, I see that I'm trapped. I'm trapped inside a cage. I ran up to the ends and grabbed the bars, I started shaking the bars but second by second it started burning the skin on my palms. I immediately let go and looked at my hands. They had turned red and blood was coming out on the sides of my hand.

Shit they knew I was gonna try that. They had to make the cage out of something that is a wolf's worst nightmare. Silver. It has the ability to burn wolf skin right off, leaving a scar forever.

I stepped away from the cage, and sat back in the middle. Hugging my legs to my chest, placing my chin on my knees, looking directly at the wall in front of me.

Why does this aways happen to me? I didn't ask for this life. So why? Why does the moon goddess hate me sooo much? I've always tried to be the quiet one, never tried to get my vengeance from the people I hate. I always ignored things people said. I let everyone do what they wanted with me, but never said a word against them. And this is the way the world repays me. Getting me kidnapped by my supposed mate, who left me in this silver cage to rot.

Wow the world sure loves me, doesn't it? The world is not fair, that's one thing for sure. How long am I stuck here? days? weeks? months? Please don't tell me I'm staying here forever.

"Alex, are you okay?" I heard a female voice ask. I looked around and saw Riyln. Half of me was relieved, but the other half was terrified of what's to come.

"I guess." I replied, with no enthusiasm, no spirit, no nothing. I looked back at her, she walked and sat in the same position as me but she was leaning against the wall which I was staring at not so long ago.

"Where's Xavier?" I asked. A tear slipped down her face in a weird pattern, leaving wet marks as it traveled down.

"He's gone, they've sent him to do their dirty work." she sobbed as she had her face into her knees. Xavier and Riyln must be really close. I feel sad for her.

"What kind of work?" I asked. She looked up, with her tear stained face.
"I'm not allowed to say. They're always w-watching" she said, wiping her tears away, looking around the room.
"okay okay, don't tell me. How long have you been here?" I asked her.
"Well I've only been here for 11 years" she said, WHAT!!! She's been here for 11 years. Oh God, what about me? How long will I have to stay here?

"What?! Don't you have any family or friends? Why hasn't anyone come to save you" I said as I started to panicking and hyperventilate.

"Alex! Calm down. " she yelled over my breathing. Loud enough for me to hear. I did as she said, I calmed down. I will find a way out if its the last thing I do.

"I don't have family anymore, my parents died. I gave no idea where my brothers are, but I miss them soo much. I haven't seen them since I was 6. I guess they gave up, trying to find me." she said. Why would anyone stop looking for someone they know is alive? Why wouldn't anyone find the person they've known for a long time? Would Ryder, Damion, Lucas and Jason give up looking for me? I hope not. But what if they do? No I won't let my self think such stupid things.

"What happened? Why did they take you? Who are they? What do they want?" I asked all in one breath. Alex calm down, there's no point in panicking.....Actually there is.

"The last thing I remember from 11 years ago is, my brother and I, playing it on the field behind our house, then suddenly....." she started, but then started to focus, you could see how hard she was focusing by the lines on her forehead. It's obviously something that haunts her.

"Rilyn it's okay, you don't need to think so hard. " I tried soothing her, she stopped thinking and looked at me.

"I'm sorry everything back there is all a blur. But then I was taken, first they bribed me, by giving me a doll. I was such a stupid kid back then, my older brother even told me not to take it. Gosh I'm such an idiot. I didn't take it then, but when everyone was asleep, I went to find the people again. That's when they took me and brought me here. And in this exact room I've stayed for 11 years." she said, I was starting to feel more sorry than I already had. This poor girl has never been outside.

"You know what? If I listened to my brother, I wouldn't have been..." she cried. I wish I could go and comfort her, but since I'm stuck in a goddamned cage. I can't frigging move.

"I didn't either"
"What do you mean?"
"If only I had listened to my mate. He was right about everything, he was right about Ethan, he was right about everyone" I said, through whispers. I didn't listen to him. Why didn't I listen to him? He wasn't lying, he was telling the truth but I failed to see Ethan's true colours.

"I guess what's done is done." Rilyn said. She's right,what's done is done there's no going back.

"Yeah, you're right." I said to her, she wiped her tears away, as did I, and gave her a weak smile.

Just a minute later, the door was forced open and a wounded body was thrown into the room, landing on his front. The people who threw him in left.

Rilyn stood from her space and ran towards the body. She lifted the guys head and gasped. I ran to the end of the cage and grabbed the bars, not caring about the burning feeling

"Riyln, who is it?" I yelled in panick. She started crying again and holding on to the dead body. Whispering 'no' over and over again.

"Who is it?" I yelled again. She looked up at me and whispered 'Xavier'.

_________________________________________

First things first, sorry for not updating in a long long time. I've had my reasons. Hope you could understand.

Secondly I would like to ask if anyone would take their time to make me a book trailer. I will give the person who does, 1) a follow 2) a dedication on a chapter 3) votes on all their stories.

Thridly if you have any fan art you can post them on instagram and just tag me to it, also plz follow me on instagram. My account is : www.instagram.com/Forever_madiha1