» "and ever since that day you approached me I been thinking 'bout you and you only..."

[one month later]

Miami, FL;

"Stop, the baby's sleeping." Paris giggled and tried to get out of Bryson's hold.

"The baby is all the way upstairs. If you don't want to dance with me just say it, girl." He replied, pulling her closer to him and swaying to the music coming through his phone.

Paris sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck,"So, have y'all decided on a release date for your single?"

"Nah, but we're working on it. I'm just ready for the money to start rolling in so you won't have to always be paying for stuff." He said.

"Hey," she said grabbing his face, "I have no problem supporting a very motivated man. If I didn't think you were doing anything with you life, I wouldn't have married you and I sure as hell wouldn't have had your child."

"I appreciate that, baby." He replied, kissing her lips. She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I love you so much, Bryson." Paris expressed with a sigh. He chuckled softly and squeezed her.

"I love you, too."

They were silent for a long while and until the music on Bryson's phone cut off.

"I'm going to check on Bry. It's really cold in here, too. Can you see if there is anything wrong with the A/C? It's blowing way too high. " She asked, breaking from his hold.

"Yea, I'll do that now." Bryson said walking into the other room. Paris nodded and went up the stairs to the nursery.

Brylee was still fast asleep in her crib like Paris had left her. She held her pacifier in her mouth and her small fingers were balled into a fist.

Paris bent down and kissed her forehead before leaving back out quietly.

"She good?" Bryson asked as Paris walked back down the stairs. She crossed her arms to run away her goose bumps.

"Yea, she's still asleep. What is that smell?" She asked.

"It's a kerosene heater aunt Hattie gave me, I think the A/C is jammed or something. I'll call about it tomorrow."

It was Miami, but it was also January and nights did get pretty cool. It didn't help that the A/C was blasting also.

"Well, don't sit it on the stairs." She scrunched up her nose and walked past it.

"That's the only place I can sit it that the heat will circulate through the house." He explained as he sat the kerosine jug beside the heater and walked into the kitchen.

"Come cuddle with me and keep me warm." Paris called to him from the living room couch.

"That's what the heater's for." Bryson laughed, opening the refrigerator.

"I want Bryson, tho." She persisted, smacking the side of the couch. He grabbed a soda and made his way to her, cuddling up beside her on the couch.

"Better?" He asked.

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "Much better."

They turned on a movie and watched it midway through before they both drifted off to sleep.