16°

» "i wanna know how we became so distant girl..."

[one week later]

Miami, Fl;

After work, Paris decided to ride around Miami. It had been a while since she did something other than go straight to that hotel.

Things between her and Bryson weren't becoming bad, but becoming nonexistent. They didn't talk and they didn't see each other, other than to exchange their car keys.

She drove to the beach, which was pretty empty considering it was late and in the middle of the week.

She rolled up her pants legs and let the water hit her feet as she walked along the shore. It was very peaceful and she loves the sound of the tide coming and going.

Her dilemma at home was really affecting her work. She was forgetting student's names, missing meeting, her migraines were horrible and she couldn't eat.

Something had to change because she was about to go insane. It wasn't even the fire anymore, it was everything that happened as a result of it.

Losing a house was bad, losing a child was the worst of the situation. Bryson was only thing that hadn't seeped through Paris' fingers but she was only holding onto a few grains.

Then and there she made a decision that she felt like was best for the both of them. She felt like it was the only way they would be able to regroup and go back to how they used to be.

She stayed at the beach for hours, first walking along the shore and then she sat on a towel and looked up at the stars.

She talked and she prayed, she laughed and she cried, all to herself.

She rinsed the sand of her feet around 9 pm and headed back to the hotel. She went in the through the main entrance and spoke with the receptionist and then made her way to Bryson's room.

She took the card she was given and went into the room. Bryson was asleep at the desk, having dozed off while he was on his laptop.

She carefully removed the headphones from his ears and turned the lap off. She took a sheet of paper from a stack and wrote on it before laying it beside the laptop along with the room card and the car keys.

She kissed his forehead and left out of the room.