24°

» "now's the time to just clear the air..."

[two days later; 3:14 am]

Miami, FL;

Bryson was abruptly awaken from his sound sleep by his phone ringing. It was the hospital telling him that they needed him to come there in relation to Daphne.

Being that he was the only one that had came forth about having any connection to Daphne, he was the first one they called.

He tiredly three on some sweats and drove to the hospital, predicting what could have happened in his head.

"Mr. Tiller, there you are." The doctor said once he saw Bryson walking down the hall of the hospital.

"Yea," Bryson yawned, "What's going on?"

The doctor cleared his throat, "I'm very sorry, Mr. Tiller. Daphne didn't make it the surgery..."

Bryson remained silent, simply nodding. The doctor patted his shoulder before speaking, "We can have her transported to a funeral home or a—"

"Can you cremate her?" He interrupted.

"We can have that done, sure." He replied, nodding.

Bryson wiped a hand over his exhausted face and gave the doctor a nod.

"Ok. Thanks for everything. I know it was kind of pointless but it was more for personal reassurance than anything, so thank you for at least trying."

Bryson had come to the conclusion that if Daphne survived, it's alright to hold on to hurt. He figured, some things you just can't let go of, i. e. Your boyfriend leaving you or your daughter dying, but if she died, that meant you had to let it go. Watering dead plants leaves you with, not only no plants, but no water.

"Just doing my job. Now, if you could come with me, I have some papers I need you to sign." Bryson nodded and followed the doctor down the hall.

[10: 34 am]

Louisville, KY;

"I have to do this..." Paris told herself, blowing out a breath and putting her password into her phone.

She went to her recent calls and tapped Bryson's contact, closing her eyes in the process.

"Hello?" Bryson yawned into the phone as soon as he picked up.

"Sleepy?" She nervously chuckled, "You must've had a long night."

"More like a long morning." He replied, with another yawn, "How are you doing baby?"

"I'm... good."

"That doesn't sound good. Is everything ok?" He asked concerned.

"Um, yea. Hey, Bryson. Remember not too long ago when I asked you about kids in the future?" Her heart raced for him to respond.

"Yea, I've been thinking abou—"

"I'm pregnant, Bryson. I know that it's not a good time and you know, we just lost Brylee and don't want more problems because you're happy and I just want you to be happy, Bryson. So maybe we shouldn't keep it an—" Paris had started to rambled and tears formed in her eyes, making her voice crack.

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down, Paris. Of course we're keeping our baby. Why didn't you tell me the other night?" He asked.

"Cause you said you wanted dogs. And you sound so happy, I feel like I'm always holding you back." She said, using her palm to wipe away her tears.

"You do everything but hold me back. You're the only reason all this stuff is happening in the first place, cause you were there from the beginning. And I'm not happy." He clarified.

"You're not happy?" Paris asked, confused.

"No, cause the only reason I wake up in the morning took her ass to Louisville a couple weeks ago."

Paris couldn't help but smile to herself. She wiped her face, "That means a lot to me, Bryson."

"You mean everything to me."

"What about you not wanting kids?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers.

"I changed my mind. Just because you have one bad experience doesn't mean you give up, you have to move on and live life, or else you'll end up suffering, all alone."

>>>>>

For those of you who read my other books, The S&O series have all been moved into ONE book, that's where I will continue with book four. I'm currently editing the R&O series and will be updating chapter by chapter.