18°

» "baby I've been sufferin', does that mean nothin'? That's gotta mean somethin'..."

Miami, FL;

"Bryson, focus." His manager, Kelly, snapped in his face trying to catch his attention.

He pulled himself out of the daze he was caught in. All he could think about was Paris and how much he missed her. He decided it was time to pay attention to his management team that was in front of him.

"My bad, continue..." He cleared his throat and sat up straight.

"We were just saying that we understand your financial situation and how making your career go to the next level may not be the easiest thing for you at the moment." Brian spoke up.

"I'm glad that you get it."

"That's why, we've decided to give you a serious shot. If you're willing to focus and make music your number one priority, we're willing to dish out the green to make it happen." He informed Bryson.

Bryson's dark vibe had suddenly lit up upon the news and he stood up in his seat.

"Are you serious? Like pay for studio time and all that?" He asked for clarification. Brian nodded, along with Kelly.

"Absolutely, but that's only if you commit to meeting deadlines and putting music first."

"Yea, yea of course." He said reaching across the table to shake Brian's hand. He was keeping his composure but inside he was rejoicing.

"Alright then, we'll get a contract written up and have another meeting for you to sign."

"Thank you so much, sir." Bryson said smiling from ear to ear. He shook his hand once again before he and Kelly left the room.

"You set this up, Kelly? Thank you for this..." Bryson acknowledged.

"It was your talent that made them agree. They really believe that you can do some damage." She laughed, "I know, too, that you'll get the job done."

"Absolutely, Ima go work in some music right now."

>>>>>

"That's great, baby. See? I'm not the only person who believes in you." Paris said softly through the phone.

"You ok? You sound kinda down." He observed, closing his laptop and going to sit on his bed in the hotel room.

"I've been a little under the weather lately, I think it's just mental, tho. It's cramp in this small house." She said pulling her blanket closer to her body as she laid on the couch.

"Hattie's house is huge, a lot of space. Why didn't you just go there in the first place?" Bryson asked.

"I don't want to bother Hattie. I don't want to bother John but at least he's used to me being around all the time. I don't even have a job."

"That's why you show go stay with Hattie, you know she got you..." He persisted. Paris shifted on the couch.

"I don't know, I really don't want to bother her. I'll be fine, really. It'll just take a minute to adjust."

"I just want you to be comfortable, baby. But look, I gotta go. I'll call you later , alright?"

"Alright, I love you." She sighed.

"I love you, too. Aye, Paris?"

"Yea?"

"Just trying to make sure you can hear me."

"Aw, Bryson you haven't said that to me in forever..." Paris gushed, smiling wildly.

"I know, baby. I should say it more often. You might stop listening." He laughed.