12°

» "somebody gotta step up..."

Miami, Fl;

"Maybe you two should come back up to Kentucky for a while." Suggested Hattie, who Paris was speaking on the phone with while Bryson made beats on his new laptop.

"He doesn't want to..." She mumbled lowly, looking over at him and seeing how focused he was.

"Bryson is so stubborn, but you are too. I really miss you guys." Paris smiled at the comment.

"Aww, miss you too." Sh replied, louder than she intended. Bryson looked over at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Why don't you come over here and find out, Mr. Tiller." Paris sassed and stuck the phone out in his direction.

He playfully snatched it from her and put it to his ear, "Hello?"

"Well, hey my sweet boy." Hattie said sweetly. Bryson rolled his eyes at Paris and walked back over to the computer, continuing to talk on the phone.

Later on, Paris found herself waking up on the bed. She hadn't even realized she was sleeping. She looked over and saw Beyson knocked at the desk, still.

She lazily rolled off the bed and walked over to him, lightly tapping him on his shoulder.

"Baby, get in bed." She yawned.

Bryson stretched in his seat and let out a loud yawn, "Damn, I ain't know I fell asleep. I need to finish."

"Finish tomorrow, you need to rest."

"Just— listen to this and tell me how it sounds." He got up out of the seat and she sat down in his place. He put the headset on her and pressed play on his laptop.

Don't

Don't play with her don't be dishonest

Still not understanding this logic

Aye, I'm back and I'm better

I want you bad as ever

Don't let me just let up

I want to give you better

Baby it's whatever

Somebody gotta step up

Girl I'm that somebody so I'm Next up

Be damned if I let him catch up

It's easy to see that you're fed up

I am on a whole 'nother level

Girl he only fucked you over cause you let him

Fuck em girl I guess he didn't know any better

Girl that man didn't show any effort

Do all I can just to show you you're special

Certain it's your love that holds me together

Lately you say he been killin the vibe

Gotta be sick of this guy

Pull up, Skurt

Get in the ride

Left hand is steering the other is gripping your thigh

Light up a spliff and get high

Shawty you deserve what you been missing

Looking at you I'm thinking he must be tripping

Play this song for him tell him just listen...

The music continued to play but there were no lyrics. Paris took the headsets off and looked up at him.

"It's not done yet but— "

"It's amazing. How long did it take you to do that?" She asking standing up. He smiled and shrugged.

"I don't know, I was just playing on it and started making beats and I thought I'd make a song." He explained.

"Well, it's really good. You should show your people." She suggested.

"Nah, I'm not going to give them a song I made in couple hours in a hotel room. Nah." He said shaking his head. Paris shook her head.

"At least finish it."

"I will, babe." He said before sitting back down in the chair.

Paris walked back over to the bed and decided to start fixing things up for her return to work she had coming up.

>>>>
Thanks for all the responses to the author's note. I definitely have things planned for this book so be patient, please. As far as updating, I don't think they're slow at all. I update this book most frequently. However, I just started back to school and teachers are already pressing my nerves. So just stick in there and I promise you won't regret it.