11°

» "make me feel irreplaceable, baby cause I can't call it..."

Miami, FL;

"I'm so confused." Paris, growing more annoyed by the second, said as she sat across from the insurance lady.

"We're sorry, but your house insurance doesn't cover fire, it covers floods, robberies, not fires..." The woman states in an apologetic voice.

"So what was the point of all this?" Bryson asked, referring to the hassle they had been going through with the insurance company since the fire.

"There's a process, Mr. Tiller." She replied, "Everyone goes through the same exact process."

"Yo' process is bullshit." He huffed and stood up from his chair. He walked out of the office and Paris did the same.

"What the fuck are we suppose to do now?" He threw his hands in the air as they walked out.

"Calm down, Bryson. It's going to be ok, I promise." Paris sighed, jogging to keep up with him.

"How? How, Paris? It's not, you keep saying that and not shit is ok or even attempting to be ok."

Wiping her hand across her face, Paris opened the passenger side door to their car and got in.

"I would appreciate it if you would stop talking to me like that." She cleared her throat as he got into the driver's seat.

"I'm just... frustrated. The music and then this, it's just a lot." Bryson said, his loud tone now coming down more appropriately.

They had been back at the hotel for a while and Paris left, not telling Bryson where she was going. He wasn't too concerned, though being that he was still trying to desperately remember lyrics to songs he had lost in the fire.

When she came back, she was carrying a Best Buy bag with a large box inside. Bryson was right where she had left him, at the desk with a million papers scattered everywhere.

"Baby, I brought you something."  She smiled walking over to him with the bag.

He sat back in the desk chair and wiped his hand over his face, letting his hands fall into his lap.

She handed it to him and waited for his reaction.

"A laptop?" He asked opening the sealed bag and pulling the box out.

"Yea, you know for your music and stuff. Look at all the thing you can do on i—"

"How much did this cost?" He asked looking on the box for the price.

"Like eight hundred dollars, but it was worth it." She began to explain.

"What the hell, Paris? Where did you even get that money from?"

"Our savings." She shrugged.

"That's for a rainy day."

"This is a rainy day, Bryson. Look, the reason I bought it is because I truly believe in you and your dreams. There's nothing I could've bought with that would have hurt us or helped us any more." She explained, running her hands through her hair.

He looked down at the box and chewed his lip like he did so often, "Thank you, it means a lot."

He stood up and kissed her forehead. He put the laptop on top of the desk and opened the box.

"Uh, apparently there's stuff in there to help record and whatnot." She told him, pointing to it, "And you can write all your music on there so, you know, it's safe."

He nodded and took the things out individually, looking at what each thing was. Paris watched silently, not trying to distract him. She knew he wasn't crazy about her buying anything for him, especially when they didn't have the money to spend but Paris thought it was worth it.

>>>>>

Ok, people. I have the rest of the book planned out but school starts back Monday 😔😩. I'm sure it won't stop much updating, but who knows, cause Teachers be trippin'.

Song in MM - Rainy Dayz by Queen Mary J 👌🏾😌