» "peace and prosperity..."

Louisville, KY;

John sat in his living room, relaxed in his recliner. He was going through boxes of his late wife's belongings and pondering on life when she was around.

His big house was so empty without her and Paris, he didn't feel the need to own such a large place for just himself.

He placed the last of her things into a large box and sealed it closed with tape, writing the Miami PO Box number on it.

Miami, FL;

"I'm so sick of this hotel." Bryson said, stroking Paris' hair as they laid in bed.

"I know, but we don't have the money to find somewhere else to stay, atleast not until insurance comes through."

Bryson sighed, letting his hand fall from her hair to her side. He pulled her closer to him, moving his face closer to hers.

"I'm so sorry, Paris— for all this. You shouldn't have to deal with this and it's all my fault."

"No, it's not. We're in this together, ok? You don't have to apologize and I'm not blaming you." She said interlocking their fingers.

"I love you so much." He expressed to her, kissing the top of her head. She smiled and planted kissed up his arm.

Paris suddenly sprang up, grabbing his arm and pulling it, "Let's go out. Come on, get up!"

>>>>

"Woah, babe. Slow down before you eat a bone..." Paris warned, staring at her husband devour hot wings as they sat in Buffalo Wild Wings.

"I didn't realize how hungry I was." He laughed slightly, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Well you haven't eaten in days. Make sure you fill up." She smiled, taking a sip from her soda.

"You know when you're going back to work?" He asked.

"Probably next week, why?" She asked curiously.

"Just asking. I'm sure they all miss you." Bryson shrugged, biting into another chicken wing.

Paris worked as an art teacher at a middle school. The pay wasn't great but she enjoyed teaching kids to draw and Bryson liked it too.

Sometimes he would do assignments that the kids had and show it to her, he wasn't amazing but he got an A for effort.

"Yea, but I like staying with you, you're not too bad." She joked. He rolled his at her.

"Aye, scoot over." He pushed his basket of food to the other side of the table and Paris slid over in her booth. He got up and sat beside her.

It was warming her heart to see him in such high spirits, he was fully his normal self but he was getting there.

"Bry..." She tapped on the table and he looked over at her, "How would you feel about, uh, maybe going back to Kentucky for awhile?"

Without hesitation, he started shaking his head.

"No, absolutely not."

"Why not, babe? Just until we get another house and— "

"No, Paris. We're not going back. I'll be back in the studio soon and we won't have to worry about nothing." Bryson explained.

"It's not about money, Bryson." Paris persisted, letting out a deep, frustrated sigh.

"Baby," he held her chin and made her face him, "We got it, ok? You're mine and it's my job to protect you."

"Okay, Bryson." She huffed.

"Now give me a kiss.." She shook her head but kissed him anyway and they enjoyed the rest of their time out.