4

When we talk about awkward situations and bad timings, I think I'll be on the summit, acme, the pinnacle. That spot should be reserved for my presence. I have faced like the most awkward situations and have had worst timings of all times. And I'm not exaggerating it, I might be belittling it maybe.

So, when I blacked out, it was one of them.

"Miss Harper", I felt someone shook my shoulder. I parried the feeling and stayed motionless. When the person shook my shoulder in a jaunty manner again, I opened my eyes slowly. As I tried to make out who was standing near me, I tried to get up. Groaning in pain, I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"She's awake, Mr. Knight", Some one conveyed with respect. As I sat up, I looked around the room. It was a simple room with elegant features. The aura was exotic and the view from the window was picturesque and breathtaking.

I saw three men dressed in formals standing in the corners of the room and an old lady dressed like a nurse smiling besides me.

"My head hurts", I muttered and she nodded. She walked and got me two tablets followed by a glass of water. She smiled and motioned me to take the tablets in. I took the tablets and drank the glass of water.

"Why am I here--", I was beginning to ask but the door of the grand room swung open and a man walked in. As I focused properly I figured ut was Daniel Knight. My heart started beating faster and I was speechless.

"So, you're awake", Daniel Knight said. The way the words rolled like chocolate cream from his mouth or like a silk cloth. Refined and furnished. The way he spoke attributed so much to his aura which he carried everywhere.

"I uh--", I began to say but shut my mouth close to prevent myself from saying something meaningless and stupid.

"Are you feeling all right now?", He asked with concern. He just went from looking like he will ravage your world to the most caring and concerned person ever.

"I am", I muttered and looked away from his intense and burning gaze.

"So, should I know why Kiara Harper from Avagadro High who registered as Amy Harper to come to the launch and blacked out in the very beginning of it", He asked and my mind started to waver.

He knows I lied.

"How did you come to know--", I asked in complete oblivious. He looked at me for a minute and then motioned to the identity card of the high school in my pocket. Forgot to take it out, I guess.

"We were forced to take it out and check. It's not everyday some one blacks out on our new hotel launches", He said sarcastically. And then peered at the watch.

"Is my school informed already", I asked.

"No, not yet", The nurse smiled. "But if you would've stayed unconscious for more fifteen minutes, we would have"

"i'm sorry Miss Harper, unlike you, I have very important things to do. So, may I just please know the reason so I can return to the launch and not waste time unless my projects attract teenagers now"

"It's not important", I said firmly. Even though I was super nervous I could not let him talk to me like that. Get the confidence cloak on, girl.

"Well, I refuse to leave without getting answers", He stubbornly and almost, angrily said. His jaw was clenched and his facial expression screamed stability. He didn't rankle even when he is angry.

"I have done pretty bad things. I told my friends I was going on a date with you. Only way I could meet you was this launch. Luckily I got granted inside as the security and receptionist did not ask a lot of questions. But because I was nervous and you suddenly appeared so I blacked out. I'm a terrible person and I'm sorry.", I ranted off and took a deep breathe.

"I can't believe I wasted fifteen minutes on this immature lie Miss Harper has told. Greyson, double the security snd ask the receptionist to not let anyone in without identical proof. Martin, please escort Miss Harper outside the premises", Daniel Knight said and made no eye contact with me.

"That's it? You are not going say anything to me?", I looked at him. I had a feeling of regret on why I came here, black out and say that.

"Your efforts and whimsical belief that I would take part in such a lie really surprises or let's say, astonishes me. I hope next time we meet you won't black out or confess lies which include me", He said. "Gregson get the files of the seminar I'm going to attend"

For a moment he looked in my eyes and stormed outside. The place felt really empty after he left and also that Martin was looking at me patiently as I got up to leave.

My heart was filled with rue when I realised what I had done and how stupidly I had behaved.

I walked my way back the hotel room and tried to appease myself from the thoughts of what will I tell my classmates and how will I confess the lie. As my brain tried to cite ideas, my body felt numb after this long tiring day.

I checked in the hotel and went down for the buffet dinner where Will waved at me and tried to make small talk happen.

"Just reminding all of you to come down dressed in formals sharp at 8 for the seminar we are going to attend on sustainable development", The teacher reminded.

Unless some miracle happens, my tomorrow, like they say in the movies, is doomed.