21

NEW UPDATE ❤

First of all, thank you for all the reads, votes and comments. It means so much to me.

We reached 90k reads. And we're on the 40th position in Romance. Good going guys!!

Goal for this chapter :

160 votes and 55 comments!

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who is reading this book. Ily so much.

Not edited x

After our first day, the entire week happened as fast as a house of cards falling down. There was so much to do and not much happened between me and Daniel. We would get up early every morning and by the end of the day we would come back to the hotel extremely tired. Soon came our last day of the trip.

On our last day, Walter arranged a dinner for all of his guests. We both got ready and went to the restaurant/hall on time. The hall was beautiful as it had a Victorian Era Theme.

"Daniel", Chris called out. Daniel, almost immediately but gracefully turned towards the direction in which Chris called out for him.

"Daniel, my man", Chris cheered and walked towards us. He had a expensive glass of alcohol in his hand and his eyes seemed red. "My handsome, amazing and amazing man"

"You said amazing twice, Chris", Daniel mentioned.

"Yes. Because that's how amazing you are", Chris said. Chris was dressed in a white & black suit. His Shirt was black and his jacket was white with shiny, collar and dinner buttons on the edge and folds.

"Are you drunk already?", Daniel asked. "The evening just began, Chris. You could've waited for the dinner at least"

"The evening has already started, my rich naive friend. And I can't handle so many rich, snobbish people without this", He pointed to the glass. Daniel laughed and hit his shoulder.

"That's why you get drunk so often?", I asked. Chris laughed at my straight forward question.

"Also, because when you're drunk and you walk into a wall.. people won't think you are stupid, they will reason it as "poor lad, he is drunk" ", Chris said.

"Oh. Of course. Have you gained this powerful, extremely important knowledge through experiences?", Daniel asked.

"IT WAS ONE TIME", Chris said. And we both laughed. I couldn't help laughing after imagining Chris, who was at minimum a foot taller than me, walk into a wall.

"Anyway, lovely people, if you want something -- don't call me, I won't help you with anything. Solve your shit yourself", Chris rolled his eyes and walked away.

As soon as Chris left, Daniel and I shared a look and broke in a chain of laughter.

"I'm sorry about him", Daniel said. "He is not usually like this-- Who am I kidding? He is always like this"

"It's alright. He means no harm", I said.

"The bird picture, over there", I pointed out to a picture on the opposite wall. "Looks like a frame from "The Hunger Games""

"It does?", He looked at in a very questioning glance.

"You wouldn't know, but it's fine", I mocked him and added my smirk at the end of the statement.

"Well, whatever you think, Miss Harper but "may the odds be ever in your favour"'

"Wow", I blurted out. I couldn't believe Daniel Knight saw or well, knew about it. After the incident, when I did it give a thought, I don't see why I got so surprised. It was maybe because I considered Daniel so different from me that I gave no attention to these small similarities between everyone. I raised my eyebrows and gave my approval nod.