25

Hey there!

So, I deleted the chapter by mistake. And had to type it all again because guess who forgot to save it?

Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks for the reads and comments.

Not edited!

"Can I come in?", He smirked and I nodded. He walked inside while taking his hand out of his pocket. He slowly and carefully moved inside. I noticed that his hands were bruised and wounded as blood was sleeping through his shirt. Even in that state of of pain, he maintained his cool and remained calm.

And looked irresistibly attractive.

"You're-- hurt", I blinked multiple times before pointing out to the wound. "You're hurt. How did this happen?"

"Calm down, Tiger", He said and flexed. He hissed as his muscles ached from the wounds. "Is it just me or its pretty cold in here?"

"I'll increase the temperature", I said and rushed to the monitor. I pressed on the plus sign on the screen and got Daniel a glass of water. I placed the glass in front of him. Seeing him groan as he tried to reach to get the glass, I moved forward to help him with it.

"Thank you, Miss Harper", He slowly said. He shut his eyes tightly and slowly drank the water.

"Tell me how this happened", I questioned. In the need of sounding demanding, I added a small authoritative "Now" at the end of the statement.

"Calm down tiger--", He began saying. And boys and girls, that is when I lost my cool.

"Oh no you calm down", I said as I stood up. "You are hurt, bruised, wounded and even bleeding. You tell me how this happened or you can leave my house right now"

He stood up. For a moment, I was filled with regret when I thought he was walking himself out but I saw him move to the countertop. He took off his watch, wallet and car keys on the table and placed them on the corner.

"I'll explain, Miss Harper. I was coming here--", He said.

"Here? As in- my house? This town? What? I didn't get any calls from you", I went straight for my phone to check the notifications if there was any call from Daniel that I hadn't seen. I pulled the bar down but I saw none.

"I didn't call. It was meant to be a surprise. So I met an old friend on the way here", He said slowly and followed his explanation with a heartless chuckle. "He wasn't very friendly"

"That doesn't exactly explain why you are so hurt", I crossed my arms across my chest and sighed.

"I met an old friend on the way here. Well, acquaintance. Things were brought up. He hit me. I hit him. It's only fair", He shrugged. "I didn't hit him very hard actually. Now that I think about it, I should have"

"Who is this acquaintance? And why did you fight?", I asked.

"He is Zoe's younger brother", He answered with a shrug. "We had a lot of things piled up. I'm so glad we got it out"

"I don't know who Zoe is", I answered and Daniel chuckled.

"It's better that way", He groaned lightly. As much as I respected his choice of keeping it personal but I hated how he dodged every time I tried to question him on even the events related to her.