22

HEY THERE!

And no, I'm not dead.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the not updating as I had gone to the NYC for a small trip and couldn't get time to write a chapter. But here we are!

I'm sure I've lost some of the readers as I did not update for so long but all those who are still reading this, I love you thanks for staying.

Thanks for the reads votes and comments. I appreciate you taking time out to give your reviews.

Goals for the chapter :

165 votes and 40 comments

This chapter is dedicated to all those who have had to spend time with people they don't like. (I feel sad for you, I really do)

Not edited, oopsie.

Thank you for such a wonderful trip, Mr. W--", I began speaking but Walter nodded and looked at me. Daniel smiled along with me. He was dressed in a casual T shirt which gave great justification to his toned body and the V neck suited him perfectly.

"Thank you for giving us pleasure of your company", Walter said and I smiled in return. "Have a safe trip back home, son"

"We really appreciate it", Jake walked towards us. A flirty wink followed after he spoke. How does he always show up out of no where?

"Of course you do", Daniel rolled his eyes. I tugged on his sleeve and smiled even brightly. I felt his gaze longing for a explanation but I refused to look at him.

"Are we ready ready for the flight?", Jake said. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at Daniel. My confused expression reflected his.

"We?", Daniel raised his eyebrows.

"He didn't tell you? Oh. That makes sense", Jake laughed. I tried to gain my smile back but I looked at Daniel if he knew anything about what was going on. "I was flying to New York as well. Uncle talked to dad and asked me to travel in the same flight as his. I assumed he must've told you about it"

"Well, it's fine", Daniel muttered. He looked around trying to hide his obvious annoyance. Firstly because his father didn't feel need to inform him or leave a message but also how he will spend so much time with Jake, I guessed. Even though I tried to draw analysis of things happening around, I couldn't understand why Jake seemed annoying to Daniel.

"It's going to be an amazing ride", Jake looked at me and smirked. "We'll get to know each other more"

"That's--", I began saying but Daniel spoke before I could finish my sentence.

"We will see about that", Daniel said in annoyance. He gritted his teeth and brought his cold persona on again. I really did not want to spend the flight trying to find ways to hide the fact that I sensed something is wrong between the two.

"I think I need a drink. I'll be right back", I smiled and walked away.

"Smart girl", Chris said as he walked towards me. "Never participate in conversation with two of them alone"