35

Thank you for #11 in #Romance, #1 in #Believe and 919K reads. This is bigger than anything I had ever imagined.  Very, very grateful. Your votes, comments and messages inspire me to pursue my dreams.

Happy Reading!

------

"Where are we going", I chimed as Daniel led me inside his magnificent house. It was covered with Italian marble tiles with vases bigger than me. We passed a huge countertop kitchen. 

"To the bedroom", Daniel Knight said as we passed a room which looked like his workplace.

"Your intentions don't seem right", I joked. 

"Believe me, Miss Harper", Daniel Knight said as he chuckled. "They definitely aren't"

Holy--

I felt flustered as Daniel opened a big dark, wooden door by entering a password. Fancy, right? We entered a room with minimalistic decor. The bed was round in shape and was covered with black thick duvet. The wall faced a huge LED screen and the windows span across the entire room's length. 

The view was breath-taking. 

"Only if you looked at me like you're looking at the view", Daniel joked and I chuckled. 

Oh boy does he not know. 

My mother always said you can tell a lot about a person with the state of their room. Earlier I used to think it was a way to get my shit together and clean it. But as I grew up, it proved to be more and more true. The walls of my room had a small vision board of where I wanted to be in future, it had my stuffed toys in the corner cause I couldn't get myself to get rid of them. I put up the glow in the dark stickers of stars and astronauts. As a kid, watching them glow for the first time, was the most magical experience. 

As personal my room was, Daniel Knight's room was the opposite. 

It looked rich, it looked lavish. There was nothing in the entire room that had any association of him. It could be anyone's room. Anyone with money.

Daniel's phone rang as I stared out of the window. 

"Excuse me, Miss Harper", He said as he looked at the screen. "I'll have to take this"

I nodded as I moved even closer to the windows which stretched from the floor to the ceiling. The humgumous balconies were enchanting. 

"I've been good. No, it's nothing like that. You know that's not true", Daniel chuckled. As I heard his deep chuckle, I glanced at him as e looked at the carpet as he spoke. He seemed invested in the call. He looked inexplicably handsome. "Last time was..Oh no. I didn't want to remember that"

"Okay.. I'll be there. You know I wouldn't lie about that", He said and cut the call. 

"Sorry, Miss Harper", Daniel Knight said."It was Chris"

"Oh", I said as I raised my eye brows. Wasn't Chris snoozing outside?

"Chris Martin--", He said. Oh, what. "has been a family friend since a lot of time. He has a party downtown. I had stopped going to these. But he insists I attend today"

"That sounds cool", I smiled as I contained my excitment. IT WAS CHRIS MARTIN FOR GOD SAKE. 

"Now that I think about it, Miss Harper", He said. "You should come"

Oh, no. That's not happening. 

"No way, I couldn't..", I said as I shook my head.

"Why not?, Daniel Knight inquired.