28

HEY THERE!

I want to congratulate all of you as this book has crossed 200k reads! That's the best thing that has happened to me. Thank you for reading this book.

Goal for the chapter :

•200 votes and 50 comments

Happy reading! ❤️ <NotEdited><sorry>

I felt my heart beat increase its pace as the distance between Daniel and I decreased. His hand were soon on my waist as I placed mine on his firm shoulder touching the rich fabric of his designer suit. His hand tightened its grip as he stared at my lips for a moment. His teeth nibbled on the lower lip as he looked at me with great passion. I couldn't hold back and in result, I leaned in.

Daniel responded to the kiss I initiated in a jiffy. He kissed me deeply but no aggressively. This kiss, unlike the kisses before, was like a passionate kiss which did not claim a lot of things but promised something. The kiss was slow but the heat rose.

His lips were soft and tasted like strawberry chapstick. In the middle of the kiss, I wondered if he used any chapstick. The thought of Daniel knight applying a chapstick brought a smile to my face. Daniel pulled away slowly. He pressed his forehead against mine and hugged my waist.

As we stood there, I wished that moment would last forever because a part of me knew that it was the miracle.

He heard his phone ring as he moved back a step to pick it up. His eyes looked sorry

"I have to take this one, Miss Harper", Daniel said as he moved away to pick up his call.

I turned around to examine the beauty of the sky as I replayed the kiss in my head. A felt a hand on my waist as I saw Daniel and stand besides me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?", I exclaimed.

"Not more than you", Daniel cheekily smiled as I laughed.

"That was so cheesy", I said in return to which Daniel shrugged and chuckled.

"I'm a big old school romantic sort of a chap", Daniel Knight said. As soon as he said, I heard the venue door being swung open and someone walking inside from the corner of my eye.

I saw Elise rushing towards me. She stopped in the tracks when she saw Daniel was standing next to me. She raised her eyebrows mischievously and pursed her lips in a thin line as blush crept on my face

"I don't mind coming here after sometime", Elise smirked as Daniel turned around and he chuckled in response.

"I'm sure we don't mind you being here with us", Daniel said as he gave her a small smile.

"Happy Birthday", She greeted as she shook hands with him. "I just didn't want to interrupt"

"Thank you so much. I'm so glad you both could make it", Daniel said.

Suddenly, Chris came walking inside wearing an expensive suit which made him look very smart but we could understand that he was drunk from the very way he walked. We all stood there thinking that Chris would come to Daniel but he came very close to me.

"Ouh!", Chris said as he came near me and gave me a teddy bear hug. "Kiara"

"Are you okay?", I raised my eyebrows as I gave him a teddy bear hug.