Note: Chapter 20 wtaf and thank you for 500 reads.

I'm here on a mission and I will not fail.

Saying goodbye to Dave we made our way into the building. "You have a key right?" Ashton asked me.

"No, I don't have a key, we're just going to call Kat to surprise her" I replied sarcastically, the other boys snickered behind me.

We arrived at our door and knocked, Kat opened the door and practically squealed when she saw us, "Bella" She lunged at me wrapping her arms around me, I hugged my best friend back. It's been just over a month since we last saw each other.

The rest of the boys said hello to Kat and walked into our apartment, "You're all so stiff, loosen up you dorks" I told them all, they all sat on our couch with straight backs. I didn't know if it was the incident or something else that was causing them to be like this but it was odd to say the least. I walked into the kitchen and helped Kat make drinks for everyone. We walked out and handed it to them, they all smiled gratefully and started to loosen up a little.

"Okay, first up" Kat said once we had both taken a seat, "Michael, what's with the bandage?"

"I got my face burnt by pyrotechnics" He laughed as if it were no big deal, but we all knew it was. She was instantly by Michael's side making sure he was okay. The rest of hid our laughter, it was obvious that they both enjoyed each other's company a lot. I knew that if Michael didn't have to travel all the time they would be able to make a relationship out of this, but they were both too scared to right now.

"What does everyone want to do tonight?" I asked them, it was obvious that none of us were going to be able to sleep, the images of Michael getting burnt still fresh in our minds.

The boys all shrugged so we decided to have another movie night. I cuddled up with Ashton once again placing a blanket over us. Michael and Kat sat even closer than last time with Kat snuggling up to him. My heart melted from the cuteness.

"Can we watch World War Z?" Calum asked when it came time to choose a movie, I shrugged, I had seen the movie before so it didn't bother me if we watched it or not. The rest of the boys agreed, and Kat just went with it. I knew this wasn't her favourite type of movie but with Michael around she would be fine.

-

The end credits of the moved showed on the screen, I took this as a chance to check my phone while the others decided on the next movie. I had a couple of texts, flicking through them I replied to friends but there was nothing important. I checked the last message, it was one from Zop telling me that Michael could take his bandage off.

"Mike, come here" I told him, moving out from underneath the blanket, he followed me into the kitchen, "We can take your bandage off" I told him.

He nodded quickly, eager to get it off. I slowly took the purple part off, and then peeled the white bandage-like thing off his face. Michael winced at the pain, causing me to apologise several times. It didn't take long to take the bandage off, I looked at the scar gently running my finger beside it to push the hair out of the way. We walked back into the living room and all the boys jumped up to look at Michael's scar.

While the boys talked Kat and I sat to the side, I took this chance to speak with her, "So you and Michael huh?"

She blushed, "Stop it Bella, I like him and he might like me, I don't know, but it's not like anything can happen between us" When I raised an eyebrow she elaborated, "He's famous, he'll always be touring, or in America. I can't go through a long distance relationship, and even if I could, once they find out about you, it'll be too awkward for the two of us"

I felt bad, I was one of the reasons my best friend couldn't be with the guy she liked. Sometimes I wish this whole mission hadn't come about, but as I sat with Ashton's arms wrapped around me I was also glad that it happened. Acting like there was nothing on my movie I watched as the everyone else picked the next movie.

-

"Michael, it's your turn" I told him, he got up from his place on the other side of the dressing room and sat in front of me.

"Bella?" I asked as I fixed his hair, due to there being a scar I had to be extremely careful about what I was doing with his hair. "Can you put make up over my scar? I don't want to fans to see it, and I don't want it to be seen on the DVD"

I shook my head, as much as I wanted to I couldn't, "I'm sorry Mike, but it needs to heal, I'm not allowed to put anything on them"

Michael slouched in his chair a little, "You look fine though, I promise that the fans will be too busy enjoying themselves. I'll even go ask Zop if he can get them to keep the cameras off that side if you really want me too" He nodded, I offered him a smile and was happy to receive one back.

Once the boys were ready I walked around the arena trying to find Zop, he wasn't too hard to find. He agreed that in order to make Michael comfortable that he would make sure that there were no cameras showing his left side on the big screen. It pained me knowing that Michael didn't like his scar, personally I loved it. It showed just how brave he was, going through an incident and then getting back onstage the next day took a great deal of courage.

****

That was a crappy ending, I'm sorry.

I know I've asked this before, but who ships Michael and Kat?

Some of you have been blowing up my notifications and I love you for it.

I've already got heaps of messages, but I'm just going to say that if you want me to check out one of your books I can just personal message me.

I've got an idea for another story, I'll work with it until I'm sure I like it then it'll hopefully be published.

Stay Beautiful

- Jacqui xx