Chapter 5-You're Protecting Him?!?

The next morning I wake up to the sound of the doorbell. I get up and answer the door, it's Ashton. He has a busted lip, his jaw is swollen, and his hands are covered in cuts and bruises.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"I saw Gage at the park, and I couldn't help it. He raped you. Did you really think I wouldn't fuck him up?" Ashton says with anger in his eyes.

"I knew you'd be mad, I am too. But that doesn't mean you can go beat him up!" I tell him. Gage may have hurt me, but that doesn't mean I can hurt him back.

Me and Ashton both sigh. I have tears streaking my cheeks.

"Come to the bathroom I'll help you clean up." I say. He follows me and sits on the counter. I grab my first aid kit and a washcloth. I soak the washcloth in water and rub it on his hands.

"Ow!" He says jumping a little.

"Sorry." I say. I grab his hand again and clean the wounds. I put some medicine and a bandages on his hands, then I clean his lip. I walked to the kitchen to grab a ice pack for him, while he waited in my room. I hand him the ice pack and sit next to him. We just sit there in silence. After a few minutes I break the silence.

"Do you feel better?" It comes out a little harsher than I intended.

"Yeah. I feel better now since I beat the shit out of him." He says glaring at me with his dark eyes.

"Why are you mad at me?" I ask him.

"Because it seems like you're trying to protect him! He raped you. Don't you understand? This isn't like when he teased you, this is way worse! And you asked me not to hurt him, but what I did to him wasn't enough punishment for what he did to you!" He yelled at me. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. He's right. I was raped and he's just getting away with it. What if this isn't the first time Gage has done it? What if there are others?

"You're right. I should try to get him locked up. Ive been doing nothing, because I think if I try to do something it'll make me like him, but it won't. I'm nothing like him." I say. Ashton pulls me into his arms and he kisses my forehead.

"I know this isn't easy, but we have to try. If we don't he could try to rape someone else, or he might come back to you. I don't want you to get hurt again." He says while holding me in his arms.

"We're supposed to go back to the police department at 4. They said he's going to be there." I say.

"Ok." He says.

__________

We arrive at the police department. Ashton grabs my hand before we walk in the door. We walk up to the desk and the nice lady at the front showed us where to go. When we walk in Gage and Mr. Mason are waiting for us. Gage has a bandage on his nose, cuts and bruises on his hands, bruises on both sides of his jaw, and a cut above his eyebrow. He's staring at me with that same smirk on his face.

"So. I'll hear the story from both of you in a private room, then we will go over some more questions. Grace, you first. Follow me." Says Mr. Mason.

"Can Ashton come?" I ask worried about what could happen if he stays alone with Gage.

"No. But my assistant will be staying in here with them." He points to a guy in his 20's, with black hair, green eyes, and huge muscles.

"Ok." I say following him to the room.

"Ok, Grace. Tell me exactly what happened at that party." He says.

I take a deep breath and tell him the whole story. By the time I'm done I'm crying my eyes out. He hands me a tissue which I take and wipe the tears from my eyes. After I've calmed down we walk back to the room where Ashton and Gage are. When we walk in they're both on their phones, that probably kept them from killing each other.

Ashton gets up and gives me a hug, while Gage and Mr. Mason walk out the door. A tear slips down my cheek and Ashton wipes it away. He kisses my forehead and we sit down.

"Do you think he's going to tell him the truth?" He asks.

"Why would he? If he did he'd get locked up." I say.

"Yeah. That was a stupid question to ask. When are you're parents coming back?" He says.

"Tonight. Can you stay at my house for a while? I still have to tell them." I say.

"You haven't told them yet?" He says loudly.

"No. I didn't want to tell them over the phone." I say.

"Ok, I guess that makes sense. I can stay the night if you want me to." He says.

"You know my parents won't let you. Unless you sleep on the couch." I say laughing a little.

"I'm fine with that." He gives me a quick kiss.

Half an hour later Mr. Mason and Gage walk back in.

"Ok. Come back tomorrow at 3 and we will continue." Mr. Mason said to us. When we're walking out the door Gage winks at me and walks to his car while we walk to Ashton's car.

________

When we pull up to my house we see my parents car. They must've left earlier than they were planning this morning. When we walk in they greet us.

"I've missed you so much." My mom says, hugging me.

"I missed you too, mom." I say to her and smile. Then I also give my dad a hug.

"So, what did you need to tell us?" My mom asks.

I hope you liked this chapter. I'll update when I finish writing the next chapter. Please vote, comment, and follow me. If you see any grammatical errors please tell me.

~G~