Chapter 11-What Song Was That?

When I walk in the door I throw my purse on the table and kick off my shoes. I check my phone to see what time it is, it's five thirty. I have one and a half hours to get ready.

I walk to my room and look in my closet. I grab my favorite plaid shirt, skinny jeans, and my black boots. I change into that and head to my bathroom. I brush my hair then put it up in a high ponytail. I go through my jewelry and grab my gold necklace with the pink jewels, my gold stud earrings, and the ring Ashton gave me for our one year anniversary (it has our initials in a heart). I grab my mascara and black eyeshadow and do my simple makeup. I also put on some lip balm. I look at myself in the mirror and nod my head in approval.

I grab my phone to check the time. Six forty five. I still have fifteen minutes. I head to my music room and grab my notebook. I've been writing some music, but I haven't had much time to work on it. I grab my guitar and strum a few chords I have written down. Then I strum a new one with it, even better. I've already written piano and bass guitar parts. I've recorded myself playing each one and when I get done with the guitar part I can put them all together.

I put my guitar down and head to the piano. I start playing my song, it sounds beautiful. When I hit the last note and move my hands away from the keys, I hear clapping. I turn around and there's Ashton standing behind me with a huge smile. I stand up and give him a quick kiss.

"That was amazing!" He said.

"Thank you." I say

"You ready?" He asks eyeing me up and down with a smirk on his face.

"Yes!" I say enthusiastically. He laughs at my excitement.

We get in his car and drive to the restaurant, Amanda's. It's the best restaurant in town, it's not fancy but the foods amazing. Ashton opens the door for me when we arrive and grabs my hand.

We enter and the nice guy at the front shows us to our table.

"What would you like to drink?" He asks us nicely.

"Two 'Mello Yellos" please." Says Ashton knowing exactly what I was going to say. The waiter walks away to get our drinks.

"So, that song you were playing, I've never heard it before. What's it called?" Ashton asks.

"It's a new song I'm writing. I don't have any lyrics for it, though. I'm not good at writing lyrics. But Shawn Mendes liked my song I put on YouTube, and he said if he liked the beat he'd write a duet with me for him to sing." I say with a big smile on my face.

"What? You didn't tell me you wrote music or about possibly singing a duet with Shawn Mendes. That's amazing!" He says happy for me.

"I was going to surprise you with it after me and Shawn wrote the lyrics. But with everything I haven't had a lot of time to write. He understands, though. He said for me to take a break and finish writing it when I'm ready." I say and Ashton is amazed

"So you've met him?" He asks.

"Just over 'FaceTime' but when I get finished writing it he's going to fly here and we're going to write the lyrics." I replied.

"That's really cool, Grace." He says

"Yeah. My career might finally take off." I say. I've always wanted to be a singer, but I've only done covers on YouTube so far. Shawn's watched all of them, he thinks I have a chance in the music career. He's talked about me touring with him, and I could sing the opening song. But he said his agent would have to agree, of course. His agent said he'll think about it. Shawn said he thinks he's going to agree, though. Hopefully he will.

________

We're at the movies and we're going to see 'Fantastic Four'. I've been dying to see this movie. I'm so excited. We're in the concession line, just to get some candy and drinks we aren't going to get anything else since we just ate.

When we walk into the movie we're the first ones there. Me and Ashton decide on the seat in the middle of theater so we can see the screen good.

"I love you, beautiful." He says sweetly. I look at him with a smile on my face.

"I love you too, weirdo." I say. He smirks and kisses me. We start making out. Then I remember we're in the theatre. I pull away and there are people watching us. I blush. Then I see someone I didn't want to see. Gage. He's here with some girl, and I doubt she knows what he did. Then we make eye contact and he smirks and winks at me.

"Do you want to leave?" Ashton asks me knowing that I see him.

"No. Let's just watch the movie and not worry about it." I say giving him a small smile.

"You sure?" He asks worried about me.

"Yeah." I say weakly as Gage and that girl sit two rows in front of us. Then they just start making out. I want to scream at him, but I stay quiet. Ashton grabs my hand and gives it a light squeeze. It's like he can read my mind.
Then they break apart, Gage looks at me with that same smirk and winks again. Ashton looks really pissed now. I squeeze his hand, he looks at me.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it. He's just being a dick." I laugh a little when I realize Gage was listening to us. He looks mad, but I don't care. He can't hurt me as long as I have Ashton here.

_______

The movie was amazing! We're going back to my place for the night then we're going to Ashton's tomorrow night. Our parents don't care if we sleep in the same bed as long as we don't close the door.

When we walk in my house my parents are asleep on the couch in the living room. We walk to my room. Ashton takes off his shirt and gives it to me knowing that I like to wear his shirts to bed. I smile. I take off my clothes, except for my bra and underwear, and slip on his shirt. Ashton's watching me with a smirk on his face. I give him a quick peck on the lips then head to the bathroom.

I wipe off my makeup and take down my hair. Then I brush my teeth and go back to my room. Ashton's already laying in my bed watching 'Boy Meets World', one of my favorite shows. I smile and hop into bed next to him. I lay my head on his chest, and he wraps his arms around me. We both fall asleep.

I hope you like this chapter. I'm sorry if it takes me a while to update, I update as I write it and I'm busy the next few weeks. I'll try to update every day or two though. Please vote, comment, and follow me. If you have any ideas for the book just private message me. If you see any grammatical errors please tell me.

~G~