Strange ending ~ Gajeel x reader

"Gajeel." You whined. "This isn't funny anymore!" You yelled as you jumped up and down and tried to grab your book that was now dangling above your head by a certain iron Mage. Gajeel laughed at you and smirked. "It's not my fault your so tiny." You pouted. "It's not my fault your so tall!" You yelled as you jumped a bit higher, your fingers brushing against the bottom of your book.

"C'mon squirt, your nearly there!" Gajeel snickered. You frowned as you tried jumping a bit more. Laxus was walking by and saw you struggling. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before walking up to you two and snatched the book from Gajeel's grasp before handing it to you. "You guys are too loud." He grumbled before walking away. You looked at Laxus shocked before yelling, "Thank You Laxus!" Laxus just gave a 'tch'.

You turned to Gajeel and stuck your tongue out him before walking towards a bar bench and sitting down at it. Gajeel groaned and dragged his feet to sit next to you. "Why don't you try reading for a change Gajeel?" You sighed as you turned to the next page. Gajeel scoffed. "You ain't ever gonna find me with a book in my hands." He said before ordering a drink. You turned to face him. "It's fun once you try it ya know." You said as you showed him the cover of your book. "I like mystery novels. There must be some type of stories that you like to hear about."

Gajeel shook his head and grasped the drink Mirajane just passed to him. "I prefer to hear someone speak than reading some useless words." You thought for a while. "Then would you like me to read for you?" You asked smiling up at Gajeel. Gajeel just stared at you. Damn. He thought. I can't say no to her when she's wearing that smile! Curse my weak mind!

"Uhhhhh....." Gajeel fumbled over his words. "Sure...." You squeezed like a little child who had just gotten candy. You pulled Gajeel closer to you, failing to notice the deep blush on his face. "This book is really good I swear!" You yelled enthusiastically as you showed your friend the blue and red cover of your book. "It's a really good mystery novel and it's about this detective who's job is to find out who stole the red sapphire that belongs to the princess!" Gajeel nodded. "Sounds nice." And so does she..... Gajeel shook his head and mentally punched himself. Focus ya dimwit!

You opened the book and read the first page slowly for Gajeel. Gajeel leaned on your shoulder and read along with you, imagining the scenarios now and then. He became interested slowly by slowly, and soon found himself enjoy the story. He loved the way your smooth, gentle voice read. Reading for him. He loved the way you placed emphasis and emotion in the words you spoke from the texts. Gajeel found himself asking you all sorts of questions now and then, questions on which you happily answered to. You neared the ending of the story.

"When the detective had finally captured the master villain, he returned the red sapphire to the princess the next day. The princess was over joyed, and thanked him with all her heart. She asked what the detective would like as a reward. "Name your price." She told him smiling as she held her dear treasure near her heart. "Name what ever you want, and I shall give it to you as a thank you apron returning my sapphire." The detective thought for a moment before declining."

"Why did he say no?" Gajeel asked, his breath tickling you ear. You giggled. "Let's find out." You said as you leaned your head on top of his.

" "Why not?" Asked the princess, clearly confused. "This mission has nearly cost your life! After everything that you've been through, after all the struggle, why do you decline such an offer! You could be asking for jewels and many riches!" The detective smiled and gave a bow. "Jewels and diamonds aren't worth anything my princess." He said as he stood up straight and looked at the princess. "But seeing you smile, that's the most precious and treasuring thing I can hold deep within my heart and carry with me forever." "

Gajeel was silent for a while. "That's....... Nice..." He said. You smiled and nodded. "Isnt it?"

"The princess was beyond shocked, and she slowly began to cry. "No one has said such things to me." She said as she wiped her tears. "No one has made me feel such a thing since a very long time." The detective walked up and kneeled down infront of his princess. "Well," he continued. "I would like to be the first then." The detective reached into his pocket and held out a black box. He opened it, revealing a ring made up of diamonds. The princess was shocked and her eyes widening. "My princess." The detective said as he held up the box. "I may only be a humble detective, but I would like to be more to you. To make you smile and laugh the most, to make you happy every time and hunt down anyone and anything that dares make you sad. So please, princess, will you marry me?" "

You closed your book. Gajeel was confused and sat up straight in his seat. "What?!" He yelled. "Thats it?!" You nodded and gave a sad smile. "I'm afraid so Gajeel. The next book will come out in a bout ten months and it will hold more details about the detective and the princess and whether the princess says yes or no." Gajeel was beyond shocked. "But I can't wait for ten freaking months just to know what happened!!" You chuckled nervously. "Sorry Gajeel. But that's how most stories end..."

Gajeel groaned and yelled, "What am I gonna do about it?!" You thought for a moment.
"Well~" you said doing a thinking face. "You could try making up your own ending until the next book come out." Gajeel looked at you confused. "I can..... Do that?..." You did a facepalm. "YES Gajeel.... You can do that...." Gajeel placed a finger under his chin and thought. "Then I say..." He said giving a smirk, "That the princess says yes and then they become dragon slayers and destroy their kingdom and take over the world together!" You dead panned at this and sighed and turned to smile at Gajeel at this. "If that's how you want the story to end...." You sighed.

"I do!" Gajeel jumped and did a fist bump in the air. "And I'm 100% sure that that's how it all ends!" You chuckled. "Well.... We'll see after ten months then."

~~~ ten months later ~~~

"(Y/n)!!!!" You heard Gajeel yell as he hugged your waist and cried. "Gajeel?!" You yelled surprised at his sudden outburst. "What's wrong!?"

"It never happened!!"

You looked at him confused. "What never happened?" A blue and black book was suddenly shoved into your face. "My ending!" Gajeel wept. You held the book further from your face and got a proper look at it. "This is the next book yo the mystery novel." You said with wide eyes as you looked at Gajeel. Gajeel nodded. "Well?" You asked excitedly. "What happened?!"

Gajeel wept once more as he hugged your waist and buried his face in your shirt. "The princess rejected him and ended up chopping off his head and marrying a king who ended up killing her and taking over her kingdom!" You dead panned at this. "That's not the ending I was expecting." You admitted. "I know right?!" Gajeel yelled before standing up and gave an angered look. "I've got to find the author and make him pay!" Your eyes widened and you smacked Gajeel in the arm. "Don't go around hitting people for no good reason!" You yelled. "Why don't you just go with your own ending. I'm sure the author had his reasons."

Gajeel thought before crossing his arms. "Fine." He said. "I WILL." you rolled your eyes before it hit you. You looked up to smirk at Gajeel. "Hey Gajeel?" Gajeel opened his eyes to look at you. "Did you..... actually READ the book..... And by YOURSELF?"

Gajeel turned red and looked away and fumbled over his words. "N-no I didn't!!" He yelled flustered.
"I.....uhh.... Had ....uhh.... Umm.... Uhh... Levy read it for me!" You laughed and held your stomach. "Sure you did Gajeel.... SURE YOU DID!" Gajeel looked embarrassed and covered your mouth with his big hands. "S-shut up!" He yelled. But he could still hear your laughing muffled under his hand.
Gajeel started smiling himself. Cause just like the detective in the story.....

He loved hearing his princess laugh.

-----

Requests?