Promise Me One More Time ~ Natsu x dying!reader (request)

Natsu X dying!reader
Requested by meridafair12
In this chapter just pretend that Happy got sick so he had to stay back at the guild ok?
♡♡♡♡♡

You, and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky
With you, I'm alive, like all the missing pieces of my heart they finally collide

"(Y/n) please!" Natsu yelled as he held the Star Dragon Slayer who was dying in his arms. "Y-you can't die, n-not now!!" The girl in his arms was brutally hurt, scratches all over her body as she kept on losing blood as the seconds went by.

(Y/n) (l/n), a Star Dragon Slayer had gotten badly hurt on a mission that she went on with her best friend, Natsu Dragneel, a Fire Dragon Slayer. The mission was supposed to be an easy one, but it quickly turned bad when things took an unexpected turn of events, Natsu was about to get killed by a beast that the two heroes were fighting, but (y/n), caring about her friend and loving him just as much, decided to take the shot. The beast got injured in the process as well and died, but (y/n) was barely survived the hit.

And now, here she was all bruised up with a beaten up Natsu as well who held her in her arms.

"(Y/n) please." Natsu chocked out as tears ran down his cheeks. "You can't die, not today!" The girl weakly coughed up blood as she looked up at the boy that held her. "N-Natsu?" She said in pain. Natsu grabbed one of her arms and held it tightly. "Yes (y/n) it's m-me.......... I-it's Natsu...."

The girl gave a weak smile. "N-Natsu... Are you o-ok, do y-you feel dizzy?" Natsu growled. "GOD DAMMIT!!" He yelled as his eyes shut as more tears came out. "DONT SAY THAT WHEN YOUR THE ONE WHO'S HURT! J-JUST....." Natsu couldn't say anymore as he continued to cry.

The girl smiled sadly, shook her hand out of Natsu's grip gently and placed it on his cheek instead. Natsu instantly brought his hand up and held her hand, gripping it with dear life.

Natsu opened his eyes that were all red and puffy. "W-why?" He asked her as he shook and looked into her eyes as his tears fell on her face. "W-why would you j-just take the shot a-and rise y-your l-life like that? Why c-couldn't you h-have just l-l-let me that the hit? W-why (y/n)?"

The girl said nothing as she brought up her other hand and wiped the boys tears, only to have more come down his face. The girl took a shaky breath before looking at him solemnly in the eyes.

"It's because I love you Natsu." She said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Your everything to me, and it's because I love you so much that I would take a hit for you, no matter how life risking it would be. Just being with you means the world to me."

Natsu just kept crying as he wrapped both his muscular arms the girl and brought her into a hug as they stayed in their place on the ground. He brought her head to his shoulder and wrapped one arm around her waist and one on her head as he held her tightly and buried his face in her shoulder, trying to be as close to her as he could.

"You..... You idiot.." Natsu cried as he buried his face deeper into her shoulder. The girl weakly chuckled as she held on to the boy as much as she could before her time ended.

The girl's eyes were becoming wet from her own tears as a few slowly made their way down her face. She gave another forced laugh.

"Hey, Natsu? Remember when we were kids, you would always get mad everytime I bet you in a race?" The girl got no response, but felt the boy's grip on her more tighten with every word she spoke.

"Well, if you don't remember, I do." The girl continued as she smiled sadly and tried to choke back her tears but failed. "I remember everytime you were mad, I'd try to make you feel better. I would try everything that I could think of. Making weird faces, dancing around you, even offering you to win the next time we raced." (Y/n) buried her face in the boy's neck.

"I also remember before Happy was born, don't you? We would pretend to parents, you were the father, and I was the mother, we would stick together and look after the egg and take turns holding responsibility. And when Happy's egg finally hatched, I could remember that happy look on your face. And do you remember what you said to me after that Natsu?"

(Y/n)'s POV:
Natsu, after a few minutes, nodded his head and you could hear him sniffing. You gave a weak smile again. "As soon as Happy hatched, you looked at me with that dopey smile of yours and pointed at me saying that one day, you'll make me your wife in real life one day, didn't you? And I happily said yes, because who could deny the most cutest boy in Fairy Tail?"

Natsu shook as he sobbed. "(Y/n)..... Please...."

You patted his head and ran your fingers through his hair to calm him down. "After a few years, we got really close to each other, and then when we were both eighteen, you told me how much you loved me and asked me to be your girlfriend. I still remember how nervous you were, you weren't sure if I would except you, but then you were so happy that I said yes that you went all hyper and burnt half of the guild.

You heard Natsu give a weak, shaky laugh as you laughed softly as well. "I loved all the romantic dates you took me on, and how much you showed and proved to me that you loved me, I always tried to show you how much I cared for you as well."

You paused and closed your eyes. "D-do..." You had to stop talking because you felt an excruciating pain in your heart, you knew that your life was ending really soon.

"Do you, remember the promise you made me Natsu?" You pulled back and cupped both so Natsu's cheeks, and you made sure he looked at you in the eyes as you wiped his tears. "Do you remember the promise you first made me when you took us on our first date?" Natsu weakly nodded as he sniffed. You smiled. "I want you to say that promise again. Please, just once more, I would like to hear that promise. Please."

Natsu looked at you and slowly smiled as he placed his forehead against yours. Natsu gave a sigh that was shaking and began.

"I, Natsu Dragneel, promise the most beautiful girl in the world, (y/n) (l/n), to make her happy in her life. I promise to show you all the wonderful things life can show, to take you on all the romantic dates that I can, and to give you what ever your heart desires. I promise to make all your dreams and wishes come true, I want to be the one who holds you, kisses you and get you to laugh. Because I love you (y/n), and I love that you're my girlfriend and one day, I hope tha-"

Natsu was cut off when (y/n)'s head fell on his shoulder and her body went limp. Natsu looked down at her, his eyes wide open.

(Y/n)'s body began to fade, and turn into little balls of light bit by bit. Natsu's eyes poured more tears, but this time, he was silent.

Before the girl completely faded, Natsu cupped the girl's face and kissed her one last time, pouring out all his love, pain and regret into that one kiss, until the girl disappeared, the light that came from her body slowly drifting into the sky higher and higher, until they became stars up into the sky. Being a Star Dragon Slayer had something to do with that.

Natsu looked up at the sky but couldn't see well due to the tears that blocked his view.

Looking down to the ground, Natsu clenched his fists as he cries.

"........... Let me finish dammit......."

♡♡♡♡♡
I'm so cruel :(
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️