Talking to the Moon ~ Rogue x Redaer

At night when the stars
Light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the moon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pssttttt... Rogueeeee." you whispered as you stared at your sleeping boyfriend as he lay on his side facing you as you lay on your side as well facing him. "Are you awake?"

You began to see Rogue's mouth turn into a frown as he sarcastically grumbled with closed eyes, "No (y/n), I stay awake at twelve in the middle of the night for fun so I can catch elves." You rolled your eyes at the response and weaved your hands through his midnight hair. "Sorry." you whispered even though a cheeky smile was still plastered on your face. "I wont disturb you any more."

Turning around to face your window, you felt Rogue groan behind you as he sleepily threw an arm over your waist and nuzzled his head into the back of your neck.

Trying not to laugh at the ticklish feeling, you quickly turned your head towards the open window in your room. It was summer at the moment, and your air-conditioner in your bedroom was currently broken, so you and your boyfriend had to sleep with the windows open and take in the fresh cold air from outside.

Looking outside, your eyes fell upon the full moon that you could see clearly. it shone majestically as it's illuminate, bright light poured gently into your room, giving you a sleepy aura. But you were far from feeling sleepy unlike Rogue, who had began to softly snore as soon as the two of you got into bed. And he was now snoring lightly behind you again.

Smiling, you looked up at the moon.

"Hey." you hushed, gazing with wonder at the moon. "How are you Mr Moon?" You laughed mentally at how weird you sounded. A girl at your age talking to the moon?

"Rogue's tired again." you pouted, showing the moon how you felt. "But I don't blame him actually.... he's been working very hard .... I hope he doesn't over work himself again...."

And as always, you got no response. You felt as if the moon was always outside your window to just listen and always hear you out with whatever you had to say.

You sighed. "I went to visit Sting." you brought up, remembering what you did last week. "We had small chit chat and all that...."

"He told me how happy Rogue must be to have me in his life. I couldn't agree more... I'm thankful to have him in my life as well, even though he's always grumpy, he's the most amazing, most hardworking guy I know, and I can see just how dedicated he is to his work, but I also see how much of an effort he puts into me."

Your hand slowly traveled down to the one Rogue had around on your waist and you carefully and slowly interlocked your fingers with his. You smiled softly and gave his hand a squeeze.

"I hope he knows how much I appreciate the efforts he puts into me, into us. I want him to know, that I can always see how much you love me, and how much Rogue cares for me. Do you know what he did on our first date Mr Moon?" you chuckled. "He took me out on a stroll in the park on our first date. And it began to rain quite heavily after that. We had to take shelter under the playground slides. And that's where we had our first kiss."

Your gaze broke from the moon and went down, and slowly by slowly, tears fell down from your eyes, lightly dampening the cover on your pillow.

"I....I just hope he knows how much I love him Mr Moon. I want him to know how much every little action that he commits towards me means to me, and that I appreciate all of them. A-and just how much hope I have for him, and his life in the future. I pray every day for him, and so far he's really h-happy."

You clenched your eyes shut and your grip on his hand increased.

"I never want to be a bother to him. I want him to have a stress free life full of love and joy. I want him to know that no matter what happens, I'll always be there for him, through thick and thin, through day and night, until the day I die. And i want to spend eternity with him.... because.... I ..... I love...."

You couldn't say anymore. You were already crying quietly, and if you said anymore than you already have, you would've woken up Rogue. And you didn't want him to wake up because you knew how tired he was.

But then your eyes flew open as you felt fingers looming over your face and wiping your tears.

You quickly turned around to see a wide awake Rogue, who was looking at you with a soft yet loving look as he turned you around in his arms to face him as continued to wipe your tears as you stared at him in shock.

"You... you were awake the whole time?" you said surprised yet embarrassed at the fact that he most likely heard everything you just said. Rogue quietly nodded and stared at you in the eye.

He then leaned in to kiss you slowly on the lips. Your eyes fluttered closed as Rogue's lips moved lovingly across yours. Nothing rough, just gentleness.

When Rogue pulled back, he brought his arms around your waist and gave you a hug, pulling you into his warm embrace as he buried his face into the top of your head.

"Hey..... (y/n)?" He unexpectedly said after a few seconds.

"Y-yes?" you stammered, anxious to hear what he had to say. You felt Rogue smiling in your hair, and listened to what he was about to say.

"Can you please tell Mr Moon.... that I love a girl called (y/n) very much... and that my life without her would be meaningless?"

You eyes widened and your heart skipped a beat.

Rogue continued to speak in his deep voice. Rogue slowly removed his face from your hair, chin on the crown of your head instead as he gazed with half closed eyes at the moon.

You heard him take a deep breath.

"Tell the moon... that I love this girl with all my heart, and that I want to spend eternity with her as well.... that I would always make her wildest and bizarre dreams come true... and that I am not always lazy and grumpy (at this you had to giggle) and that I would do anything to make her smile and keep her by my smile...."

Rogue paused for a few more seconds before he spoke this time in a more quieter voice.

"Tell Mr Moon here... that when the time comes in the future... and I've become mature and more responsible... I'm going to marry this crazy girl... I plan on doing it 100%... and that I plan on having kids with her when the time comes and that I want to grow into cool oldies with her..."

Rogue pulled back to look into your eyes and smiled lovingly at you. "So (y/n)." he said as he rubbed his nose with your own and chuckled. "Can you please make sure to deliver this message to Mr Moon?"

Crying this time, tears of joys and closed the distance between you'rs and Rogue's lips and then pulled back to give him a tight hug and smiled widely and laughed as you gently whispered,

"I'll make sure he knows."

-------
Not writing anymore for this book, unfortunately I lost interest in the anime :/ sorry folks...