The Beach ~ Rogue x reader (request)

Rogue X reader requested : eowyn_cheney, she wanted the setting to be at the beach.
Hope it's to your liking :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/n)! Rogue! Over here!!" An overly excited Frosch yelled jumping up and down on the warm sand. "Coming Froschy!" You yelled in a sing-song as you held on to your bag and walked up towards him. You looked over at your mate from over your shoulder. "Hurry up Rogue!" You yelled as you reached the little exceed and spread a red and black blanket over the yellow sand and placed a basket that held your food on top of the blanket.

You heard a grunt from behind you. "Coming." Said a deep voice that sent shivers up your spine.

You and Rogue decided it would be nice to spend some time together at the beach, seeing as you two hardly ever saw each other because of the amount of missions Rogue has been on, leaving you always alone at home. It's not as if you were lonely all the time, Rogue left Frosch with you whenever he went on dangerous missions, so you had some company and you were happy with that, but it still wasn't the same without Rogue. Ever since you and Rogue got together, Rogue made you stay home so nothing bad happened to you everytime it came to him going on missions. You were fine with that and it made your heart flutter at how sweet, caring and gentle he was. So what better way to spend some catch up time with Rogue and a cute little exceed?

Unfortunately it was Rogue who was doing most of the carrying. As soon as he reached his exceed and girl, Rogue immediately dumped everything on the mat and fell on your lap exhausted.

"I swear you bought the whole house with you (y/n)." Rogue grumbled. You just giggled and leaned down to kiss him on the forehead. "I'm sorry Rogue. But I didn't bring the whole house! Just some things that we need." Rogue just gave another grumble and buried his face in your stomach as his muscular hands wrapped tightly around your waist. Your cheeks heated up slightly and you began running your right hand thought Rogue's jet black hair.

Rogue was currently wearing red swimming trunks and had no shirt on (cue your blushing) and had his hair in the usual ponytail he makes. You were wearing (f/c) shorts and a slightly tight white t-shirt and had your hair tied up in a high ponytail with your bangs falling on your face. The reason why you weren't wearing a bikini was because you didn't like the looks others would give you (you're talking about all the guys at the beach here). They always flirted with you and tried hitting on you. They always gave you 'looks' that you found uncomfortable. One even got bashed up by Rogue when he nearly tried to kiss you. And that leaves Frosch in his cute little pink outfit.

You felt someone tugging on your arm. "(Y/n)?" You looked to your right and saw Frosch. "Can I play around for a while?" You smiled and aww'd at Frosch. "Of course Froschy!" You said as you patted Frosch on the head. "You can play around as much as you want. And when Rogue gets his energy back, we can go swim in the water and maybe get some ice cream as well okay?" Frosch's eyes lit up as soon as he heard the word 'ice cream'. He jumped up and down in joy. "Thank you (y/n) your the best!!" He yelled as he flew up and gave your head a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. You smiled as you gave Frosch a kiss on the cheek as well. "No problem Frosch. Do you want me to give you your bucket and spade?" Frosch nodded his head.

You turned the other direction and opened a bag that held some beach toys that belonged to Frosch. You pulled out Frosch's red plastic bucket and spade, careful not to wake up the sleeping dragon slayer who now lay asleep on your lap. You turned back to Frosch and handed them to him. Frosch thanked you and excited began working on a sand castle not far from you. "Don't go where we can't see you Frosch!" You yelled. "Fro won't!" Came back the reply as you watched a bubbly Frosch trying to build a sandcastle.