Chapter 10

CHAPTER TEN

Max and I were doing fine. He visited Mia from two to even three times a week. Sometimes he'd also spend a few nights at my apartment. Due to his frequent presence, Mia was being spoiled rotten by him. As soon as she spotted him I disappeared from her radar, her full attention focused on Max. Mia had turned 5 months old a few weeks ago. Mrs. Wilde had told me she wanted to see Mia whenever I allowed her. We [as in Max, Mrs. Wilde and I] took advantage of Mia's 5 months old anniversary and gathered together to have lunch. I expected the meal to be awkward and uncomfortable but it ended up being the opposite. The chat between us being comfortable. It took a while for Mia to be comfortable with Mrs. Wilde due to her lack of presence on Mia's life. After a few tries, she was able to gain Mia's trust.

Tonight Max and I were attending an event. It was private, meaning media and paparazzi weren't allow inside unless you were a hired photographer for the event. The purpose of the gathering was for well-known companies to discuss their soon-to-be launched projects, how their previous creations had been successful, how well they've done and their improvement in the market. I was representing Kerrington Enterprises with Braden, Mr. and Mrs. Kerrington and Caroline, who were there to support her husband/father and son/brother. Max was representing his company - Wilde Productions - with a few colleagues and employees.

For tonight, I was wearing a one shoulder mid-thigh length purple dress with gold heels. My hair was curled and brushed to the side over my shoulder. My make-up was kept simple and natural-looking with only mascara, blush and pink lipstick to emphasize my full lips.

As I arrived to the building where the event was taking place, I was bombarded with flashes from the cameras of the media and paparazzi waiting outside. I exited my car - stepping carefully as the flashes blinded me - at the entrance and handed the keys to one of valets who would park it in a parking lot reserved for those attending. I had to spot Braden, his sister and his parents before stepping into the red carpet since we were representing the company together. As I entered the building, I instantly saw them gathered in a far corner. I greeted them after my approach.

Both men were wearing black suits with a white shirt. Mrs. Kerrington was wearing a soft green long dress with her hair pinned up in an elegant way. As soon as we were ready we entered the red carpet. Braden and I were between his parents and Caroline. Mr. Kerrington's hand placed in my back while Mrs. Kerrington's was placed in Braden's. Mr. Kerrington was assailed with questions about our new unreleased project with another company. He replied to a few of them with teasing answers, leaving the media allowed in the carpet to be more intrigued than before which I was completely positive was Mr. Kerrington's initial purpose.

After the red carpet, I joined Braden and a couple of his friends in a chat. As I talked, listened and laughed with the group of chatter, I spotted Max. I hadn't seen him yet until now. He was wearing a grey suit with a white shirt and well-polished black shoes. His blue gaze met mine. A grin was plastered on his face, indicating me to come over him. I grinned back and excused myself from the conversation.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. I'll be back in a second" I said, waking towards Max.

As soon as I was close enough, Max thrusted me into his chest, still grinning.

"Well, hello"

"Hey" I replied as he leaned in to kiss me.

After a few seconds, I pulled back from him, trying create a decent distant between us only to find myself pulled into his chest again. I didn't feel comfortable displaying public affection in such a formal and professional event plus Max and I hadn't revealed our status to anyone who didn't have to know. If any of the hired photographers caught us kissing and sold the pictures to the media, by tomorrow morning we would be front page on every gossip site. I hated displaying my private life - especially love life - to the public.