Chapter 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

One more day and the end of the week would finally arrive. This week, I had been exposed to a level of stress I had never experienced. Max's texts had helped me distract myself a bit, throughout the day. I was picking up all my things - getting ready to leave the office - when Max called me.

"Hey," I said, putting the phone between my ear and shoulder to be able to continue picking up the few things I had left.

"Hey babe. You're still at the office?" Max asked. I'd had barely any time to see him this week due to my busy schedule.

"Yeah, I was just finishing picking up to head home." I replied, before adding "Do you want to come over and stay tonight?" I wanted to talk to him about our feelings because I wanted to forgive him so badly and be able to trust him completely again. He was the type of guy that no matter how hard you tried to get over him, it was impossible for you to do so. However, I think that a contributing factor to my attachment was the fact that Max had been my first time.

"Sure" His voice sounded happy. I was glad he had agreed. "I'll finish some things here in the company, head home, pick up some stuff and then go to yours, okay?"

"Sounds good. I'll see you later" I closed the door of my office and waved goodbye to a few co-workers who were still here.

"Ok, bye" Max hung up. I got into my car and headed home. Bliss was quickly stopping by the apartment to pick something after she was out of work.

After I arrived home, Mum had left a few minutes later, saying her and Dad were going to the neighbor's house for dinner and didn't want to be late. Mia was awake so I placed her in her play yard while I removed my working clothes and got into something more comfortable. Even though, I knew Bliss and/or Max would be here soon I got into a tank top and PJ shorts. I retrieved Mia from her play yard and sat on the couch of the living - with her on my lap, turning on the TV while giving Mia some baby food for dinner.

I was just finishing giving Mia her last small spoon when the intercom buzzed. I settled Mia back into her play yard after quickly cleaning her mouth before pressing enter without asking who, figuring it was probably Bliss. I opened the front door to find Max.

"Hey," I smiled, getting on my tip toes to reach his height and kiss him. I loved how soft his lips felt against mine and how he would cup my cheeks with both of his hands sometimes when I kissed him. "You got here sooner than I expected" I said against his lips.

"I hope that's a good thing" Max grinned, leaning in to kiss me again.

The feel of Max's lips against mine - his tongue asking for entrance - had made me forget we were still in the hall of the building's floor until I heard someone clear their throat. I quickly pulled away, fearing it had been one of the elderly neighbors offended by the PDA Max and I were giving, only to find Bliss with a smirk on her face and her eyebrows raised.

"Well, Well, Well. I didn't think you were such an exhibitionist" Bliss joked, making me blush.

"Shut up" I said.

"Hi Max" Bliss spoke as I brought him in.

"Hi" He replied while Bliss waited for me to get the pair of heels I was lending her. I heard Max say "Hey baby girl" as he took Mia out of her play yard and I headed to my room.

I walked back to the front door and handed Bliss the shoe box with the heels. "Keep things inside" She winked and laughed at my scowled as she left. I closed the door and headed back to where Mia and Max where.

***

Mia had fallen asleep already. She was in her room. I was in the living room couch watching TV with Max, my head leaning on his shoulder. He took my hand into his. Now that we were alone, I felt like it was time to talk. I was afraid of the things I would find out due to the amount of honesty and sincerity this conversation would have but it didn't stop me from asking. Max rubbed his thumb on my hand.