Chapter 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I was woken up by Max kissing and nibbling my neck. Somehow throughout the night, I shifted my position. Right now, his chest was pressed to my back as he continued kissing me. I smiled, keeping my eyes close until I turned around and spoke, "Good morning"

"Is it a good morning?" He asked, grinning and closing the distance between our faces to kiss me.

I dodged him, moving away from him and quickly standing up from bed, "Morning breath" I explained as I walked to the bathroom in his room.

His head fell back into the pillow as he feigned a groan and I laughed.

I closed the bathroom door and leaned into the counter to wash my face. Since I hadn't brought my toothbrush, I used Max's. Not exactly sanitary but better than bad breath. Being already in the bathroom, I took the opportunity to take a quick shower. I didn't know what clothes I was going to wear since I only had last night's outfit here but right now I didn't care. I was enjoying this. Max and I together.

I was rinsing my body when I heard the shower door open. I turned around to find Max completely naked.

"What are you doing?" I asked between giggles.

"I believe you own me something since last night" He leaned into my ear whispering and caging me with his body, his arms next to my face as he made me walked backwards until I felt the tile wall behind me and he was under the shower head instead of me. While my voice was playful, Max's was full of desire and want. He'd wanted to have his way with me since last night and knowing he was here for that I decided to try to prolong his wait, torturing him.

"And?" I pried

"We're paying your debt now" His lips met mine before I could reply. He knew what I was doing, making my attempt to torture him fail. However, I wasn't complaining. His assault was fast and desperate, we were barely thinking at the moment, completely high from each other's touch. Eventually, Max got what he wanted and I paid my so called debt, leaving each other satisfied and sated. Any accumulated desire from last night was put to rest. For a while, of course.

***

After exiting the bathroom and finishing what was supposed to be a short shower that turned out to be long, we started to get ready to go pick up Mia from my parents' house. Max had had his housekeeper Carla buy me underwear (which was slightly embarrassing, may I add), a pair of shorts and flats from a boutique located a couple of blocks away from here.

I wore another of Max's shirt, tucking it into the shorts to make it look good and not too big. My hair was still slightly curled from last night's bun so I decided to leave it loose. Since I hadn't removed my make-up from last night - not having anything to remove it with, I borrowed one of Max's RayBans. I wasn't very dependent of make-up but what was left of my make-up was a tad smudged and to put it simple, it didn't look good. I was finishing getting ready when Max came in.

"Are you ready?"

I nodded, grabbing my clutch and last night's outfit before leaving the room.

On our way to pick up Mia I decided to mention a few things. She was turning 6 months this week which meant her doctor's appointment was also soon. Since Max hadn't had this experience yet, I wanted to ask him to see if he was interested on going to Mia's appointment with me. It would be a new experience for all of us, going as a family. It still felt slightly weird to think of us as a family but I was getting used to the idea and to be honest, I liked it and wasn't afraid of it as much as I was before. That fear - of being betrayed and heartbroken again - was disappearing day by day as Max expressed his love for me and Mia.

"Um.. Mia's doctor's appointment is soon" I started "And I was wondering if you'd like to go?"

He glanced at me before returning his eyes to the road and replying, "Yeah. Sure"

Other than that small brief talk, we stayed in a comfortable silence until we arrived to my parents' house. Max parked his Range Rover in the driveway. After exiting his car, he took hold of my hand and locked the jeep as we walked to the porch of the house.

Mum was ecstatic to see Max. At first, Dad was a bit hesitant - being the protective father that he is - but after a few minutes gave up. Mia was incredibly jolly as Max held her and showered her with kisses on her ticklish spots, giggling.

After chatting with Mum and Dad for a while, we said our goodbyes and headed to the car. Max had already settled the car seat he'd bought for Mia on the back seat of his jeep so there's way no problem.

*** Max's POV ***

A month and a few weeks later...

This week had been hectic but enjoyable. Mia was already 7 months old. A while ago, I'd had accompanied Ella to Mia's doctor's appointment and I've spent nearly everyday with them. Recently, I'd been trying to convince Ella to move in with me. It was time for us to finally and officially live together as a family. Most of the time I'd stayed at hers since it was easier for her due to Mia and her things. We were always together so I didn't see why we shouldn't.

Even though my life was completely different from the way it was before they came into the picture, I was definitely enjoying fatherhood. Maybe I sounded like a hypocrite for saying something like that after the way I reacted that dreadful night, but things were different now. I was different. I was finishing some work when Ava knocked on my office door.

"Come in" I said, keeping my eyes on the computer as I continued typing.

"Max. This are already done" Ava said, fanning a stack of paper in front of me.

"Give me a few seconds to print this out and give it to Alex and I'll be right with you" I collected the warm paper coming out of the printer, later exiting my office.

Wilde Productions was based on music. The company reviewed the work of artists that wanted to be discovered. We were extremely busy printing out contracts, sending out rejection emails, acceptance emails. We were associated with a recording label that signed the artists. We provided the place, equipment and help for the production and recording of the artist's record or records.

I handed Alex the recently printed paper and returned to my office to find Ava placing my phone back to the desk.

"Ella called. I told her you were busy" She explained with a deer caught in the headlights expression.

"Thank you but I would appreciated if you didn't touch any of my personal belongings, especially my phone" I snapped, returning to my desk, grabbing my phone and putting it in my pocket.

"I'm sorry but you didn't have to talk to me that way," She replied

"Ava, please. I'm having a stressful day" I said, rubbing my temples "Now what did you have for me?"

"I could help you relax" Ava spoke in a soothing voice, avoiding my question and the true purpose of her visit which was work.

She walked towards my desk and settled behind my chair. As I was turning around to scold for her inappropriate behavior and she placed her hands around my shoulders and neck, Ella came in. And by the look on her face, I knew she wouldn't understand that things weren't what they looked like.