Entering Hell

Shiro POV

I slowly entered the assigned area for the shokugeki. I took a seat and started watching Soma vs Mito Ikumi, or known as the meat master if I recall.

Mito Ikumi, the meat master, never got a mark lower than A in meat dishes, which obviously matches her nickname. She has a huge knowledge of meat, the growth, the amount of fat. From what I can tell there is a above 70% that she is going to use an A5 beef.

I wonder what Soma is going to make, he seem to be making a beef dish as well. The category is don, so I wonder what kind of don will they make.

"Let the shokugeki begin!" 

Both contestants started cooking. I turned my head to se Mito took out a A5 beef, and start cutting it with a high efficiency, and high strength. She then puts the meat in the oven. 

I turned to see Soma taking out a cheap meat, it seems like an normal steak. Then the crowd started to be angered at him for such ingredients. 

I sighed, "Soma obviously won. Sure, Mito has a very high quality of meat, but she isn't putting her creativity or sweat into that dish. While Soma, using a cheaper meat, using his knowledge and his thoughts to work." I thought.

I saw Soma started to cook the chopped onions, realizing he is going to make an steak. But the type of steak is troubling me.

And just like that the time is gone.

"Stop cooking!"

"Now Mito will be presenting her dish first!"

As Mito present her dish, the judges give her praises such as:

"Wow! What a beautiful don."

"So what, the beauty of a dish isn't the most important priority in cooking. It's mostly the taste, the smell and the love put in cooking. Then the appearance follows it." I thought.

"I call this the A5 Japanese Beef Roti Don." Mito introduced.

The three judges start digging in, as they praised her for the taste and such. But it's what Soma's dish is suspicious.

"Now for Yukihira Soma. Please present your dish." 

As Soma present his dish the judges seem to be not as interested in his dish at first but that changed really quickly. The second they dig in, they can't stop to the taste.

"I just can't stop eating it!"

"The sauce, the meat is something that I would want to eat forever!"

"The meat, the sauce is great, but I only get hungrier within every bite."

"I see, he put in something in his rice." I thought.

"It's the rice, I added some homemade pickled plum in there when I was cooking the rice." He explained.

With shock expressions from the judges, Mito quickly became scarred yet surprised of his dish.

And just like that the match was clearly showing the winner, the sigh shows a 3-0, making Soma winning the shokugeki.

I sighed in relief, that he'd won, after all he is my neighbour. I smiled as I exited the area and went outside. Also sending a message to Erina, that I'm going to her office. Since, Mito is from Erina's...helper?no her...team? 

I decide to cheer Erina up, I guess.

I went to her office to see her pissed, and disappointed.

"Are you ok Erina?" I asked.