The White Knight

Shiro POV~

"Ohayo Shiro!" Megumi greeted me with her sweet smile.

"Ohayo Megumi. You're early today." I commented, making her chuckle.

"Well, I heard you went out with Nakiri-san yesterday, so I didn't get to see you...so I asked Soma-kun when you would have time. He didn't gave me a good response..." She said while looking away with a gloomy aura. "But I know you wake up earlier than everyone! So here I am."

"You didn't really have to wake up THIS early. But why did you want to see me so badly? You want to talk about something?" I asked.

Her face flushed. "Well um..I uh..." She kept stuttering and mumbling words I don't understand. Then it came to my mind.

"Is it about Soma?" I asked, catching her off guard. 

"Eh!? N-No! I just wanted to a-ask y-y-you to help me test my d-dish for the autumn elections! Yeah!" She coughed and tried to keep a normal face on. But I can see through it, very clearly.

"Megumi...you like Soma right?" I bluntly asked while leaning against a table.

"Well....I like him as a f-friend..."

"If you liked him as a friend, you wouldn't have panicked this much whenever I said his name, you idiot." She froze in place with all the colours drained from her. Bingo.

"Don't worry, I give you my approval as his sister. By the way, tell everyone that I'm going to Tsukasa-senpai's office for the day okay? Oh, just so you know, I think you two look great together." I grinned and gave her a thumbs up, leaving her with a flushed face.

As I walked towards the main office building, I thought about my brother and Megumi, like together, as a couple.

"It's nice to have someone by your side...and love you..." I whispered, looking up at the sky. 

"I l-like you Shiro-chan! Please go out with me!" I stood in front of a boy who just confessed to me. I was shocked but I knew I couldn't.

"I'm sorry Ikki-kun. But I don't think of you that way. Can we still remain as friends? " I reply, on the verge of crying. 

"Shiro-chan...why? Am I not good enough for you? Tell me what I can do to be a good man to you!" He held my shoulders tight, demanding for an explanation. But when he saw my tears rolling down my cheeks, he stopped.

"Shiro-chan...please, tell me what's wrong. I can help you." He whispered. 

"Ikki-kun.....I'm going to a different country tomorrow. My Dad arranged it last week." 

"Shiro-chan...is this the reason why?" He said. He stood still, then suddenly pulling in for a hug. 

"It's okay, Shiro-chan, I'll wait, until the day we meet again. I'll always wait for you." 

"But, no matter what I do, where I go, people will confess to me, and in the end, they got hurt because of me. All because of the same reason."

"Shiro!" I snapped out my thoughts and were greeted by the one and only Rindo. She ran towards me with her cat-like smile and began dragging me into the building. I quickly shook my head to hopefully, delete that thought, and to my luck, it worked.