Cooking in the Wild

Shiro POV

Well then, right now I'm in a forest with a river stream going through. What should I make? That is the question.

I thought of walking around, looking from ingredients so I can get a better idea, but it's hard. Ringo wanted to use fish like the other people but I refuse.

"Shiro! We should go with fish! It's easy to cook it, like we can braise it with a side of sauce." Ringo stated.

"No, everyone will be doing the same thing, besides I don't Inui-senpai to lose her appetite. From what I recall there are fish, chicken, ducks and rabbits with herbs as well, we should use chicken! Chicken is a world wide ingredient, and I know one that can use all these ingredients from the forest." I said.

"What are you going to make?"

"A chicken parmigiana, a Italian dish, using chicken, tomatos, herbs and cheese." 

"But the theme is Japanese! We are going to fail this one if we're going to make an Italian dish!"

"Ringo, we're not going to make the actual version of it. We can change the herbs and sauce, using Japanese ingredients found in these woods. Then, it would be qualified as a Japanese dish." I point out.

She stopped for a moment to consider this info, she nodded as I told her to gather ingredients as I told her. Each of us will do half of the list and split up. She will get herbs while I do the rest. 

I quickly stopped to listen for the sound of chickens, and success! I found two chickens in the forest with a couple of eggs. And for me, this is an easy task. I swiftly grabbed a chicken and killed it, while blood spattered, I just ignored it and moved on to the other chicken. I grabbed my basket and put both chickens in the basket while I collect the eggs from the nest. 

I quickly moved on to find some tomatos, also on my way i found some berries. Luckily it wasn't poisoned, so I added that to my basket. 

"Well, I didn't know that we'll meet during finding ingredients time, but I guess I'll have to roll with it."

I turned to see Takumi and Isami behind me.

"Are you done? If so, leave me alone, I need concentration." I growled.

"Nope, we're gonna use duck for our main dish."

"Oh? I'm using chicken, for ours." 

"What are you going to make?"

"An Italian dish, you should know this one pretty well." I replied as I walked away from them.

"Italian dish, huh. I believe that I'm the best at Italian dishes here."

"We'll see about that."

Then I ran back to the area that me and Ringo decided to meet up. I saw that she wasn't here just yet. So I decide to think of how to use the herbs to make it an Japanese dish.

Once I decided on a way, I realized the time, we only had around 30mins left. That didn't really bothered me, since back when I was with my Dad, we only had around 10mins to prepare the dish for the costumers. 

Ringo came back around 5mins after that and quickly apologized. I didn't went all nuts and insulted her like Erina, instead I just told her to go in and quickly make this a snap. And I promised her this won't fail.

I went in to see Soma and Megumi inside watching Takumi and Isami finish their dish and passed.

"Ok, I agree to be the judge of the duel, but the two losers have to bowed down to the winner and admit themselves as a loser in front of them three times." Inui-senpai stated.