What Now?

Takumi POV 

"Takumi...I..." I held on her hand tight. Now looking into her eyes with a desperate answer. However, her silence is scaring me. What would I do if she agreed? What would I do if she...rejected it?

"Takumi. Mi dispiace." She said and I understood immediately. She rejected me.

I felt my lips quivering, and I slowly let go of her hand, letting it rest by my side. I tried to force a smile to show that I was okay, when clearly I am not. I really wanted a different answer, but it seems this is how it is. 

She doesn't like me.

"Takumi, I'm sorry. I just...don't like you that way... I-" 

"It's fine. I-It's a-all r-r-r-ight." I smiled weakly. "I didn't think you would."

"Takumi, I'm really sorry." She said as she looked away.

A sudden rage engulfed me like never before. Even though that bastard Mimasaka Subaru insulted my brother, I never felt this anger in my life. So why? What did I do wrong?

"Why?" I asked, "What did I do wrong?"

"Takumi-"

"Did I do anything to you?" I grabbed her arm, pulling her in. "Are you not satisfied?!"

"Takumi calm down-"

"You don't know how I felt when I lost for the first time, you don't know how I felt when you made a better dish than me. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" I yelled.

"Takumi stop-"

"How do you expect me to react to this when I did nothing wrong? I never did anything to you. Never. SO WHY?!" I was angry, but I was more hurt than ever, I remember how I would cry when I lost to anyone, even my brother. That's right, if only he was here, everything will be better.

"Takumi."

"Tell me." I interrupted her once more. "I-Is it b-because you like-"

"TAKUMI! LET ME TALK FOR A SECOND!" She yelled, surprising me. Realizing what I've done, I quickly letting go of her arm. I looked down in shame. What have I done?

"Look, you've done nothing wrong. You are a great person, with a strong personality. Second of all, I don't like anyone else. It's just that I'm not ready for this kind of relationship." She said while looking down. "I just...don't like you that way. I'm sorry I ruined your day." Just like that, she turned around and walked away.

I stood there shocked and still. As she walked away, I realized my hand was still in mid-air, expecting her to hold it. I slapped myself hard, and I looked forward, seeing her enter a cab heading towards the academy.

 I have to go....or else nothing will change.

"Shiro, no. Don't go! You didn't explain to me fully yet! Wait!" I sprinted towards the cab with all my might and knocked on her window. 

"Shiro! Please." At least consider my feelings. At least understand my pain right now. 

"Takumi, I'm sorry," she started, confusing me more. "A person like you deserve someone much more...not someone like me. Thank you for everything, I appreciate your kindness for the past." She pushed me slightly and rolled up her window.