Shokugekis are Annoying

Shiro POV

[Saiba Shiro] vs [Mimasaka Subaru]

Victor: Saiba Shiro

Score: 3-0

-----------

I stared blankly at the loser, kneeling on the floor, who could not believe his defeat.

"That's not possible- I copied your every move, everything was like your's, why was your dish superior to mine?" He asked while looking at me with a defeated face.

I knelt down to his eye level and looked into his eyes. "You know..." I slapped him, hard, making his face red. "You're an idiot."

He sat there shocked, with his left hand on his cheek.

"Honestly, you think you can get away with just copying people? The second I notice you copying my movements, I knew you were just planning to use my RECIPE, that I DEVELOPED over the years. A copier like you can only scratch the surface, but those experienced chefs can recreate the dishes in a matter of time. Because they know, not just a step, but a whole encyclopedias of steps, that's why they are in the culinary world now." I explained while thinking about my Dad, Doujima-senpai, Shinomiya-senpai and many more.

 Wait, why am I thinking about that Coral head when Megumi almost got expelled because of him? 

" Anyway, no matter what you do, you can't beat the original. They might be the same, but in the end, the one who created the process, will be stronger than the copier." I stood up and saw people getting their possessions back. 

--------

"Shiro! Are you insane? There is no reason for you to bet your place in the tournament!" Erina yelled.

"I agree with Nakiri-san. Shiro, this is my decision, you don't need to interfere!" Takumi continued. 

"I insist, in fact, I don't think it makes a difference? After all, he still technically gets a place in the tournament."  I stated.

"Humph, if Mimasaka Subaru agrees to your challenge, we would not need to discuss this. Just get it over with, do you want a shokugeki or not?" Eizan-senpai spoke up with a tick on his head.

Mimasaka smirked. "Fine, I accept. How about we do it in 3 days-" 

"Let's do it now. I'll provide you with a variety of ingredients, you choose what you wish to use." I interrupted him while tapping my foot, wanting to get this over with.

"Now you say? Don't the Elite Ten need to schedule it?" He asked while looking at the others.

"No, we can do it now, right? Isshiki-senpai." I turned to face the 2nd year.

"Of course, if both of you wish, we can have a match in a different area today." He smiled. "After all, there are no matches today."

I turned to face Mimasaka once more. "What do you say?" 

He thought for a minute before agreeing to the shokugeki.

"So what are you going to bet for the place in the tournament?" I asked, curious.

He took out a knife from a case and held it out in front of me. It looked like any case, but my eyes widen after seeing the name on the bottom.

Ringo-1st year (A/N: For those who forgot, she is Shiro's partner in "Cooking in the Wild" chapter).

"This belongs to your friend right? If you win, I'll return this to her, if not, you give me your spot in the tournament." I can barely hear his voice when I saw that name. Millions of thoughts came to my mind.