11- What Cannon Practice Does To Us

"Why are you on a pirate ship like this?!" Johnny shouted to Zoro.

"Is something wrong?" Zoro asked again. "Why isn't Yosaku with you?!"

"Well..." He trailed off. "A cannon was shot at the rock we were on and he's not doing too good!" He ran off to the side of the ship. I followed and saw a boat attached to ours with a man inside it. He really didn't look good! That's what our cannon did? I feel bad now...

He had a horribly wrapped bandage wrapped around his midsection and blood was oozing through. He also wore a black tank top, yellow checkered shorts, a green cloak, and brown leather boots.

"Yosaku is..." Johnny was in tears. Zoro placed his hand on his friends shoulder in a comforting motion. We brought him up onto the deck.

"I think he's sick." I said.

"He's sick?" He questioned. "Although, he was full of life up until a few days ago, now he keeps getting paler and then fainting!" Johnny was trying to hold back his tears. "I have no idea what's causing this..."

I looked up to see Nami walking down the stairs. "In the end," He continued. "His teeth fell out and his old wound opened up and started bleeding. I don't know what to do anymore! So, we were on a rocky island letting him rest quietly. But then, a cannonball came flying from this ship..." He was trying so hard not to cry.

Luffy and Usopp had their mouths hanging wide open in shock and regret. They stood up straight. "We're sorry!" They said in unison.

"Sorry doesn't cut it..." Johnny said sadly. The two idiots paled. "Isn't that right, partner? Big Bro..." He addressed Zoro. "Is he going to die?" Zoro didn't know how to answer. It was written all over his face as he stared at the pair.

"Are you all stupid?" Nami asked, finally done taking her sweet time getting here.

"What did you say?!" Zoro exclaimed. Nami ignored him and got down next to Yosaku and pulled out his tongue and opened his eyelid. She then began to tug on his tongue.

Johnny lost it. "What're you doing?!" He grasped Nami's arm in two different places.

"Ouch!" She cried.

He began screaming at her, spit flying out of his mouth and onto her face. "If you mock my partner's death, you'll pay for it-" She easily shut him up by placing a hand over his face. Luffy and Usopp were in tears and snotting all over themselves.

"Luffy, Usopp. Remember we have limes in the storage?" They didn't move. "Are you listening?! Bring them here. Now!" They recoiled from her sharp tone and ran for the storage room, fighting to get through the door first. Because of their stupidity, they ended up crashing into the storage room floor.

They came back with a crate of limes. "Now, cut open the limes half way and squeeze them into his mouth." They did so. Nami looked at Yosaku sadly then lowered her head. "It's scurvy."

"Scurvy?" Johnny asked.

I snorted. "Even with being on an island all my life, I know what scurvy is. Scurvy is a disease that occurs when a person lacks the essential vitamins when out at sea, since they could be without food for days or weeks."

"If we weren't too late," Nami added. "He should be fine within a couple days."

Johnny grabbed our arms happily. "R-really, Big Sisters?!"

"YUCK!" I cried as I backed away. "Say it, don't spray it! Ugh!" I began to wipe off as much of the spit as possible. Then I heard a scream of terror. "What?!" I was instantly alert. Then I noticed he was staring at me. I felt my head. "Right... No hat..." He saw my ears.